Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! My name's ivan, and i have existential OCD, which means that my mind is filled up with existential thoughts that bother me 24/7. I recently managed to get out of my solipsism theme after 3 months of despair and loneliness. But now, last thursdayism is my new theme. I basically obsess over time, and how we can't be sure that the past really happened, as our world could have been created literally seconds ago with fake memories and stuff. I start to panic, even when I do something obvious like record a voice memo to remind myself that I actually did that specific action. I know it sounds crazy, but it's very strange. It's like I'm scared of being scared in the future? I just can't live in the present, it feels like I will never whether the past actually happened or not

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have an obsession with time also. However for me the last thursdayism aspect is not it. The past did happen, it is observable. But also we rely on our memories to create the past and memories are prone to misrepresentation and fault. There's no other way around it, you simply need to become comfortable in time again and accept that the past is the past and it's not flawless. I also struggle to be 'present'. So what if the world was created last thursday? It wasn't, because that would be a completely pointless game for a higher power to play.

You simply need to become comfortable with the unknown and move on

I find this interesting because you're very aware you were suffering with solipsism some months ago but still question the experience?

You know deep down that it's all real Ivan

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeaah i know, but you know how OCD can fuck us up man.
i guess that time weirds me out because it's moving so fast and there's no way to hold onto it? idk, it's strange

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes i know very well. It's not strange. Time is complex and scary, but to overcome OCD you just need to be at a phase in which your mind is less anxious and you don't care again. It's taken me 2 years to be sort of ok in time again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts