Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all I want to say hello to all members of community and introduce myself, I'm 22 years old male and suffering OCD since I was a kid and first time experienced DP/DR few years ago but recovered.

Lately I've been obsessed over philosophical questions like do we have free will or not and honestly determinism makes more sense to me since I'm not religious but it's hard for me to accept it. Fact that my thoughts and actions are just product of chemical reactions in brain over which I have no control is frightening to me. It makes me feel like a biological robot and I also started to see other people as biological robots. Feelings like pride and guilt make no sense in determinism because ex. "Why blame Hitler for Holocaust since he didn't choose to be a psychopath?" It's like blaming someone who is blind for being blind and same thing is with pride. These kind of thoughts always go through my head and everything lacks sense to me since finding about determinism. I also think alot about brain, consciousness and lot others, it's quite long list. xD

Has anyone recovered from these kind of thoughts because I'm afraid that I'm in some psyhotic state and that I will never look at the world same as before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
tbh I just think youve got to try and convince yourself that's not the case. I'm not recovered at all, I have pretty grave dp/dr and I'm stuck thinking about whether everything is an illusion or not, just because dr really makes it feel like it. And like, it's reasonable thoughts and all - I mean determinism is a possibility right? It's just that as you will never know for sure, there's no need to obsess over it. ANd I think that's what I do a lot as well, just obsessing over stuff cause I get so convinced that it's true with dp/dr. Just try to convince yourself it's the condition talking and that everything is normal, so you can go back to thinking about it in a more rational manner later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At least for the moment, cause I think once you get cured from dp/dr you won't care as much. It's easier to accept and then just go on with life idk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tbh I just think youve got to try and convince yourself that's not the case. I'm not recovered at all, I have pretty grave dp/dr and I'm stuck thinking about whether everything is an illusion or not, just because dr really makes it feel like it. And like, it's reasonable thoughts and all - I mean determinism is a possibility right? It's just that as you will never know for sure, there's no need to obsess over it. ANd I think that's what I do a lot as well, just obsessing over stuff cause I get so convinced that it's true with dp/dr. Just try to convince yourself it's the condition talking and that everything is normal, so you can go back to thinking about it in a more rational manner later.
Yeah but it's hard to convince myself not to belive in determinism beacause it just makes so much sense. I know that I shouldn't give so much attention to theese thoughts but it's hard to resist. Googling is also a big problem of mine and I think most of DPed peopole also have that problem. xD

One more question, do you also feel like insane? That's my big fear right now because i dont know what normal feels like anymore.

Thanks for your reply and I hope it gets better for you soon. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts