Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys!
is there anyone else here who's having trouble during the pandemic? I recovered multiple times in the past from bouts of DP but this time it's kind of different.

I was quite good at handling the stress of lockdown etc for the first months. I even finished all my exams and I wasn't even so bothered by it, except for constantly checking when borders would open since my boyfriend is working abroad and I haven't seen him in 8 months :/

But then last week I read the news that borders weren't gonna open before 2021, then I got a very bad cold, I got scared, at the same time cases are rising again here (Italy), I was in the house for a week and that reminded me of lockdown (some sort of PTSD). So I started researching obsessively about if, how and when this will be over and I learnt during my DP bouts that this is something you should never do because the internet is BRUTAL. And also, I have this weird thought that even when things go back to normal I will not be able to be normal again. This is exactly the same thing I thought while recovering from DP and I know it's a trick of my brain.

Now I'm stuck into this loop and I can't think about anything else. All the things that kept me going and gave me hope and joy just seem blah now. I don't think this is the typical DP I've experienced in the past because I'm functional, and it wasn't triggered by a panic attack like all the others. but all the symptoms are mildly there. The thing that especially makes me sad is that I don't really wanna talk to my boyfriend, even though he's extremely supportive and I love him very much.

I know DP very well by now and I'm not THAT scared, definitely bothered though. I plan on going back to my university city next month because that might give me some feeling of normalcy and I just hate my hometown. Has anyone been through similar things during these dire times?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Covid19 is nothing comparing to other problems. 25000 people die each day from a cancer. Why is that not a pandemic? First cause of death worldwide is hunger. Fuck covid

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, I've been having trouble with my DPDR while the whole COVID pandemic has been going on. But for me, I'm less worried about getting sick, but I've been having trouble being cooped up in my house. This is no life to live.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand very much. The coronavirus pandemic is a tragedy that happened to all humanity in the 21st century. This dreadful disease has taken an enormous toll on the lives of millions of people. It hurts not only because a person is carrying a complicated illness but also because of several different restrictions worldwide. This applies to free movement around the country, you can't go freely to visit relatives or go on vacation, but you can't even always visit a restaurant or a place to eat. Fortunately, a vaccine against coronavirus has finally been developed. However, many people believe that the vaccine is not safe. For such people, I recommend the cure, which you can read about on the platform niclosam.com. You will find all the information you are interested in, and you can get more information about this product.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hi guys!
is there anyone else here who's having trouble during the pandemic? I recovered multiple times in the past from bouts of DP but this time it's kind of different.

I was quite good at handling the stress of lockdown etc for the first months. I even finished all my exams and I wasn't even so bothered by it, except for constantly checking when borders would open since my boyfriend is working abroad and I haven't seen him in 8 months :/

But then last week I read the news that borders weren't gonna open before 2021, then I got a very bad cold, I got scared, at the same time cases are rising again here (Italy), I was in the house for a week and that reminded me of lockdown (some sort of PTSD). So I started researching obsessively about if, how and when this will be over and I learnt during my DP bouts that this is something you should never do because the internet is BRUTAL. And also, I have this weird thought that even when things go back to normal I will not be able to be normal again. This is exactly the same thing I thought while recovering from DP and I know it's a trick of my brain.

Now I'm stuck into this loop and I can't think about anything else. All the things that kept me going and gave me hope and joy just seem blah now. I don't think this is the typical DP I've experienced in the past because I'm functional, and it wasn't triggered by a panic attack like all the others. but all the symptoms are mildly there. The thing that especially makes me sad is that I don't really wanna talk to my boyfriend, even though he's extremely supportive and I love him very much.

I know DP very well by now and I'm not THAT scared, definitely bothered though. I plan on going back to my university city next month because that might give me some feeling of normalcy and I just hate my hometown. Has anyone been through similar things during these dire times?
I got the vaccine at the earliest possible date. I got my 2nd shot a month later. I got my booster shot. I stopped shooting pool in a crowded pool room now, for well over a year. I don't plan to do much else. I'm not afraid of the virus, I just don't care to have people say :"he died of his own stupidity." LOL. I got the vaccinations and I put the pandemic in my rear view mirror. Haven't given it a 2nd thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts