Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm Moose, and I've had dpdr for some time, and I had taken upon myself to experiment on myself and test how my mind reacts to different stumuli (i.e. Drugs)

Alcohol: I can drink as much as I want, and It seems to have no effect on my dpdr, fun
Lexapro: No more panic attacks, no change to dpdr, less anxiety
Marijuana: Severe panic, severe dpdr, super unpleasant
Adderall/Vyvanse: A little more anxiety, doesn't affect dpdr much, fun
Muscle Relaxants: Nothing much at all
Nicotine: none

I believe that the sever dpdr that comes whenever I smoke weed is linked to how my amygdala reacts to the effects of thc...
I believe that through mindfulness and careful dosing, I can overcome this barrier that blocks me from enjoying the effects of Canabis...
I also speculate that my dpdr is a result of my constant rumination within the first few weeks of my dpdr...
I am not a doctor or a neural biologist, and I'm only speculating based on my own experiences.

I have also found that burning ritual incense aides in anxiety reduction and helps me to feel more connected to reality and myself.
Distraction and social interaction also help chip away at the anxiety and dpdr.

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

your local dope-fiend,
Moose C:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's really similar to how I felt about marijuana.

Smoking daily for years it got to the point of being unbareable. Like anytime I was sober I felt like I needed to smoke to feel normal and then I'd get high and just wish for it to end.

Meditation helped me though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem with marajuana, is that when I was younger, toking up used to be such a positive experience... but now... it's just so terrible...

With that in mind, I've decided to stay away from any psychedelics, until my mental health had drastically improved, and/or marjuana is legalized.

I also feel that my dpdr is interconnected with my Anxiety Disorder, and my ADHD...

Frankly I'm astonished that I'm able to mentally tolerate the substances I still use (i.e. caffeine, Nicotine, Vyvanse/Adderall, & Alcohol).

Anyways... My approach to coping with my DPDR, is just to do what makes me happy, and avoid negative energy, along with eating regularly, and being social...

Let me re-state that:

1. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY

2. AVOID NEGATIVITY

3. EAT REGULARLY

4. SOCIALIZE, SOCIALIZE, SOCIALIZE

5. S-O-C-I-A-L-I-Z-E

-your local dope-fiend,
Moose C:

·
Banned
25 Posts
yeah i smoked again for the first time in nearly 5 years since getting dp. was a mistake..... took a few week or more before the after effects went away. though back when i vaped cbd oil i did enjoy it alot. who knows, i probably will never smoke weed again. i know i said that after the first time but i guess it just took a second multi hour panic attack to remind me that i cant smoke the shit lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This shit is rough, but it is important to maintain a healthy sense of hope...

never give up hope, because this affliction we all share, is only temporary, and we can overcome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I first got my DPDR, I couldn't do anything, not even caffeine, but after time, I just got accustomed to the dpdr, and was able to slowly introduce myself to all different types of stimuli.... this has held true except for weed... still cant do that without completely losing it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This shit is rough, but it is important to maintain a healthy sense of hope...

never give up hope, because this affliction we all share, is only temporary, and we can overcome.
Exactly!

I am proof that this can go away!

I was DP free for like 6 years and my experiences during this time were so beautiful I can't even put it into words.

Socializing is huge when it comes to getting through this.

It's hard because this feeling is uncomfortable your instinct is to hide but that only feeds the beast.

I still have fun :)

A lot of people say caffeine makes them worse but it actually helps me. I feel the "high" underneath all the DP and it's quite lovely.

I was a heavy drug user before so if I can get any kind of rush then so be it!

Same with working out. That runners high is amazing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I first got my DPDR, I couldn't do anything, not even caffeine, but after time, I just got accustomed to the dpdr, and was able to slowly introduce myself to all different types of stimuli.... this has held true except for weed... still cant do that without completely losing it.
Or XTC. That stuff really fucked me up....

But yeah. now that I understand what this disorder is, now that I know I will never go crazy, I can enjoy things more. Caffeine, working out, socializing. Things don't have to be scary to me anymore. When they start to be I remind myself its just the DP and it's not anything else. Just a brain malfunction and that I should keep truckin'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Omg I forgot how much alcohol makes my DP worse.

Like, the next day after drinking I'm almost crippled by the intensity of my DPDR.

Even when I was in my recovered state if I drank the DP would be back the next day (but just that day).

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi all, to me smoking doesn't affect my dp indeed sometimes improves it, alcohol doesn't change my dp just makes me way more slower. Nicotine on the other helped me quiet a lot, it tend to bring back my emotion. I don't drink coffee but i guess i should try since people tell quiet often it helps them.

never tried other thing but i'm quiet curious about cocaine or MDMA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts