Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On valium 5mg I feel like a child who has not been yet through any hardship.
Doctors say they consider benzos more dangerous than heroin.
But lets say a person who had anxiety all his life ,what problem would there be if he/she took valium lets say 2 times a week never changing the dose for years ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it possible that 5mg two times per week will cause this ?
I mean if you truly stick to 5 mg two times per week that should not be the case.
Stories like horrible withdrawal symptoms seem to be more related to people who took benzos to get that buzz ,reaching 100mg a day for months

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm addicted to Klonopin, in a dose that varies between 10-60mg valium. Will depend on the day and how I'm feeling dude.

Do not use everyday, I repeat. DO NOT.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey, let me give you a little introduction, when i was first diagnosed with anxiety, depression and depersonalization disorder 8 years ago, they gave me xanax and later valium, though it's a real good short-term solution, it's not worth it.

I've been to multiple rehab clinics to kick off the valium, after 3 years of tapering i am finally on a low maintenence dose, expecting to kick the habit totally this year.

If you wanna feel better, become dependent and slowly kill your gabareceptors, then yes, stay with the benzo's.

·
Administrator
961 Posts
I often thought that if I just had some for emergencies, to take once or twice a week like you said, when my anxiety cycle was peaking, it might have helped, but my doctor would not prescribe it, as I think she had witnessed addiction and thought them very bad news. Maybe she was right, I don't know as I never tried it for that reason.

What surprised me was hearing that many doctors will prescribe a course of Valium to be taken every day for several weeks at a time, which sounds geared towards addiction to me, but even only taken occasionally on an as-needed basis sounds risky from what I've heard from people who have taken it regularly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Klonopin helps me but I’ve always wanted to try Valium for this. Why do they not prescribe it as much anymore?! I know it’s more addictive but if taking as needed...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Klonopin helps me but I've always wanted to try Valium for this. Why do they not prescribe it as much anymore?! I know it's more addictive but if taking as needed...
In Australia they will give you Valium if they believe you have anxiety.
But Klonopin only if you have epilepsy.

If someone has been through something traumatic doctors should prescribe benzos ,no matter how addictive they are ,just so the person can overcome it before it develops into chronic anxiety.
I am 100% sure that I would have overcome DP in less than a month if the doctors would have listened to me and gave me valium for a short time so that I can overcome that traumatic event.
I dont trust doctors anymore ,when I used to see them I felt everytime like I was talking to a wall.

·
Registered
226 Posts
In Australia they will give you Valium if they believe you have anxiety.
But Klonopin only if you have epilepsy.

If someone has been through something traumatic doctors should prescribe benzos ,no matter how addictive they are ,just so the person can overcome it before it develops into chronic anxiety.
I am 100% sure that I would have overcome DP in less than a month if the doctors would have listened to me and gave me valium for a short time so that I can overcome that traumatic event.
I dont trust doctors anymore ,when I used to see them I felt everytime like I was talking to a wall.
I know what you mean bro, I also feel the same way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
don't take benzos. don't do it. withdrawal can last years.
I used to take it 3 times a day but now i take it once a day sometimes i dont after a couple of days i see no change in how i feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts