Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day I drag this carcass around to no conceivable end other than keeping it alive like some god dam insect.

wtf am I to do? seriously. no longer interested in other topics tonight anyway. I know cry me a river

·
Registered
723 Posts
FORCE yourself to do something that you will appreciate when you're feeling better. ideas: physical labour like digging, painting, cleaning. learn a new tune on the guitar. make a list of stuff that needs doing and just keep going. i do this. after a while i get the odd moment of satisfaction. when you're feeling better, as you will do after a period, you'll have alot of the mundane, physical stuff done.

G

·
I used to say "I'll be DAMMED if I'm going to push myself to do anything when I don't even feel alive!"

or

"I'll be DAMMED if I'm going to try to act normal and present myself in this fucking world like something REAL when I don't even know if I fucking exist!"

"I'll be DAMMED if I'm going to fake it and DO things just for the sake of going through the motions when I am terrified at my very core!"

Well, I was dammed all right. For nearly 20 years.

Do not cut off thy own nose to spiteth thy symptoms.

Peace,
Janine
p.s. yes, I know I mispelled "damm" up there, didn't want it to get filtered out, would have ruined my tag line, grin.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Dalai,

The replies are true. To feel as if you can't take one more step and then be offered advice such as keep moving? How can they know how you feel? But they do. And i do. And you do.

It seems so exactly the opposite of any advice you need...yet it is the best.

I'll be dammed if it ain't so. :wink:

Remember your place in the world...it is waiting on you.

take good care,
terri

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all for the kind words. You know how it goes. . .

thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts