Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been a member on this forum for quite a while now but ever so recently I've gotten much worse in terms of anxiety and stuff. These past 2 weeks I had started my new job and I jumped into doing 65 hours a week which I'm not used to doing. Ever since then I've been having a lot of panic attacks and gradually not feeling myself. Now I feel like I'm in a constant state of not feeling like myself, feeling like my thoughts aren't mine and lost a lot of interest in things. Feeling very disconnected to everything. I've been waking up into panic attacks and I just feel really distant. Is anyone here able to offer me some advice? I'm convinced I'm going into psychosis which is one of my biggest worries.

·
Administrator
1,442 Posts
Hey there,

So first of all, that is a really really big leap to work 65 hours a week. Even people without DP/DR would struggle with that! That's got to be the probable trigger for your current state, obviously. So my advice would be, if you are wanting to continue this long work week, then know that it will take some time for you to adjust to this. I work an easy going career but only part time. And I also get panic on my work days. It's not uncommon even for people without dp to have work anxiety. Life doesn't change just cause we are dissociated. Meaning, even dp'd, life isn't all about our condition. An example... if you were, as so many of us do, to remain isolated inside your room all day, you'd probably experience some cabin fever, which can be mistaken for psychosis. Any normal person would experience cabin fever if they experienced the same isolation. So, then, know that working 65 hours isn't going to be a cake walk. Mostly anybody, dp/dr or not, would have trouble with that.

Do all that you can to cope. Eat right. Don't do drugs. Sleep well. etc. These things probably won't cure you but they'll make your time less severe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts