Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody read this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/what-is-cotards-syndrome-the-rare-mental-illness-which-makes-people-think-they-are-dead-a6722201.html

Back in 2016 I had a breakdown my parents said "He won't get back" since then I was sure at the time I wasn't alive or I some how had to get better to get back to normal life.

I also get Solipsism but I wonder if all these words are out here in google just so I can read them I believe in reincarnation but nobody can like prove that life exists outside the brain.

But yeah the symptom above seem familiar because I believed I wasn't alive and the doctors did lots of ECG tests on me at the time I was sure they would say I wasn't alive it was scary.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t worry about not being alive but in 2016 I did but I have questions about that breakdown and wonder what it all meant

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lately I have been feeling this again it’s like I sleep wake up sleep and I don’t feel alive I feel removed separated is this normal?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I believe there is some sort of link between cotards and dp/dr. One time I did read in some professional literature that derealization has been described before as a “mini cotard’s”.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody ever feel freaked out to be alive like life’s hard to cope with? Every day I suffer anxiety and feel anxious and wonder when the anxiety will ever ease up?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody ever feel freaked out to be alive like life's hard to cope with? Every day I suffer anxiety and feel anxious and wonder when the anxiety will ever ease up?
Yeah, that's part of DPDR for me, and the hardest part.

It just doesn't make sense to be afraid of being alive, since that's kind of all everyone's doing and nobody else (those without DPDR and anxiety) is getting freaked out by it.

You have to remember you're still the same as ever and so are reality and the world. The symptoms will gradually go away when you stop caring/paying attention to them, which you should do since they're only thoughts and thoughts are not real.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I also feel robotic or like my body will stop working is this due to dp and anxiety? I feel like a statue or frozen?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I worry I will go crazy as in 2016 I had a breakdown and ended up in hospital often I worry I need to be crazy or I worry forever losing my mind is this possible?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts