Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is my derealisation/anxiety/ depression or my OCD intrusive thoughts but I feel like I've had some sort of awakening, like the veil has been pulled over my eyes and I can't go back to normal, ALL I can think/feel is;

How is existence real
What does real mean
What does reality mean
What was before the universe
What's outside the universe
Why do we exist
We shouldn't exist it don't make sense
What was before existence
What if this is all just in my head
How can something be an eternity
Where's the end, what's after the end
What am I? Just my brain?
Is this all a dream
Are we in a video game
Is this a simulation
Am I the only one who's conscious
What happens after we die
What does consciousness mean
Nothing is still something
How do I know I haven't already gone crazy
This could all be in my head
People telling me I'm not crazy could just be a figment of my imagination
If there is a god what was before him

Has my brain opened me up to some very conscious level which I DON'T LIKE, I wanna go back to before just enjoying the normal things and not worrying about things out of my control.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have literally had every single one of those thoughts. I thought I went down a hole I would never get out of. But it was ocd made worse by anxiety. When my anxiety got under control I realized I didn’t want to think about those things and wanted to just enjoy the life I was experiencing. I tried to remember that nothing in my world has changed and I may as well accept and go along for the ride. You have anxiety and ocd it seems (obvi I’m not a psych) you can move past this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve had/have this. definitely dr with anxiety and obsessive thinking (ocd) It’s complete hell. everything you thought was “normal” suddenly isn’t. the only thing you can do is sit through it, It eventually dies down. someone once said that our brains can adapt to anything, even we are “awaken” we’ll eventually go back to how we use to see the world/reality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had/have this. definitely dr with anxiety and obsessive thinking (ocd) It's complete hell. everything you thought was "normal" suddenly isn't. the only thing you can do is sit through it, It eventually dies down. someone once said that our brains can adapt to anything, even we are "awaken" we'll eventually go back to how we use to see the world/reality.
I'm scared of everything and doubt if I could ever go back to where I was when everything was completely normal and nothing but ghosts would scare me... so that just sounds like a hope to me. How long did it take for you to be 'unscared' of things?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have most of these questions swirling through my mind as well. However they don't scare me; they comfort me most of the time. I mostly have anxiety and depression about real life stuff. When the people around me talk about their mortgages and the things that happened at their jobs and taking care of their kids and going to the bank and grocery store etc., I get anxious, because I feel like I "should" be thinking about these things, and that I will have to if I ever want to be independent, but for some reason I don't. And I don't know how to make myself think about these things. My anxiety is much more under control when I just "let myself" be spaced out and super philosophical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts