Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember from an early age lying in bed or being in the bathroom (anywhere I could think quietly for longer periods of time) and I would repeatedly tell myself, “Wow, this is life, this is life.” It was almost as if I were trying to set off a DP attack without knowing what it was. It finally hit me in 8th grade honors algebra (I suck at math don’t let the honors fool you. I’m conveying how vivid the memory was) I did the routine when I got bored contemplating life and then it hit me: I was gone. I was unreal. It took from the 8th grade until I was a freshman in college or senior in highschool to tell anyone. I can’t say the word depersonalization outlide. The only way I can attempt this post is because I’ve taken a dose klonopin which I find Kills DP. However, it’s a double edge sword. If you become dependent upon it and happen to run out the DP/DR becomes worse. I’ve had this for 18 years and what helps the most during an attacking is repeating over and over, “you will be normal again, you will be normal again.” I’ve never meet, knowingly, another person who suffered from DP/DR. I’d imagine that be a powerful accurance laying eyes on someone that no one else in the world could understand but ourselves. Has anyone meet someone with the same condition and was it a powerful connection to this person. Recently, I’ve been trying to dig deeper on what this disassociative disorder has done to me. I’ve graduated from a decent university and I’ve had jobs that I loved, but I think that instance that happened in eighth grade Somewhat stunned me from fully maturing into an adult. That’s very hard for me to admit. Looking at my life from the outside no one would know except close friends about making poor decisions with money etc. The klonopin is starting to make my sentences run on and not make since.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I can't add loads but as this on touched I'll tell you some things I know. Klonopin didn't solve my Dp it just helps my anxiety, mirtaxapine did so much more and yet less for others. So don't think you've exhausted med routes.

The main reason I am replying is yes. I was out drinking DP really bad and it was on my mind. I mentioned it to one person apart from friends and it turned out he had it for 5+ years and it went away. I was shocked. It was a 1:1 hit. It affects more people than you'll ever imagine. He did nothing special. He said it just became a former self. So you aren't alone and many people experience it that you come into contact with!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts