Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have this?

*Nobody seems real
*Wondering if you never get to know meaning of life when your not around anymore
*Wondering if life is a simulation or dream
*Solipsism questions

And if so how did you get over it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
You just described depersonalization and derealization in a nutshell. I think most of the people here are dealing with the exact same things, including me. I wish i knew how to get rid of it but i don't know yet. Just remember that the reason you experience all of those things is because you are viewing the world from a dissociated perspective. It's not dangerous, just very uncomfortable because that's how we experience it :/

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Classic DP existential questioning...It feels very intrusive and can become a very obsessive type of thinking...Sometimes even feels like its not even your own thinking...

It can be very upsetting and disturbing but it is NOT dangerous and you are NOT loosing your mind...

You get over it by only listening to what you know to be real and fact...Anything that seems fake, disturbing, upsetting or scarey is not to be entertained...It is to be rubbished for the fake imaginary crap it is...

This is much easier said than done though when in the throws of full blown DP, panic and anxiety...Over time it eases off on its own when you desensitize to it...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm battling depersonalization and solipsism at the moment and it's very bad.

However I disagree I believe people are not real, posts like this appear out of chance as I believe my life is a fix.

I spent a week in hospital two years ago which gave me a different perspective and left lots of unanswered questions. People said "I wouldn't get back" since this I believed I was not going to survive and that losing your mind means you really don't get back luckily I did get better. They sent physiatrists, psychologists and nurses to my house after my breakdown why did they send these people? I had an over sensitised experience of life and when I was ill my family would say hi to anyone when I was recovering. They seemed understanding though.

I believe words like solipsism only came up by chance as I was questioning am I real? Nobody can prove life exists outside the mind. I've always been suspicious of life why am I here these questions? At the moment I do believe my life is a fix and all planned out. What gives me evidence of this? Well if worm holes exist we can go back in time or toward.

·
Registered
231 Posts

However I disagree I believe people are not real, posts like this appear out of chance as I believe my life is a fix.

I spent a week in hospital two years ago which gave me a different perspective and left lots of unanswered questions. People said "I wouldn't get back" since this I believed I was not going to survive and that losing your mind means you really don't get back luckily I did get better. They sent physiatrists, psychologists and nurses to my house after my breakdown why did they send these people? I had an over sensitised experience of life and when I was ill my family would say hi to anyone when I was recovering. They seemed understanding though.

I believe words like solipsism only came up by chance as I was questioning am I real? Nobody can prove life exists outside the mind. I've always been suspicious of life why am I here these questions? At the moment I do believe my life is a fix and all planned out. What gives me evidence of this? Well if worm holes exist we can go back in time or toward.
It's ok to think that solipsism might be true. That's what you experience. This dissociated state makes us feel terribly lonely in our own heads so it's totally understandable why you might start to consider the possibility. I've also been pondering thoughts like solipsism, but I will never truly believe in it because it's just crazy when you look at it from a logical perspective. Yes, it's true that we can't know for sure 100%, just like with anything else really. It's all about probabilities. We're not insane, just fucked on an emotional level. I mean, how can we feel like life and people around us are real if we can't feel anything? Feelings is what's grounds us in the world. Anyways, I hope you feel better soon and know that you're not alone!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's ok to think that solipsism might be true. That's what you experience. This dissociated state makes us feel terribly lonely in our own heads so it's totally understandable why you might start to consider the possibility. I've also been pondering thoughts like solipsism, but I will never truly believe in it because it's just crazy when you look at it from a logical perspective. Yes, it's true that we can't know for sure 100%, just like with anything else really. It's all about probabilities. We're not insane, just fucked on an emotional level. I mean, how can we feel like life and people around us are real if we can't feel anything? Feelings is what's grounds us in the world. Anyways, I hope you feel better soon and know that you're not alone!
Yes I have been through many questions about life like is it like Trueman show, do aliens control it, the solipsism I never heard of it until recently and I worried my life was a fix and I worry about going back in time in worm holes if life already exists in another dimension. Also what happens when you are not around anymore? Questions like why am I here?

These are questions I struggle with. Not feeling real I have had this for over a decade now but it's only recently I believed in solipsism. Is this something I could question for years now I know what the term is?

Also if solipsism was real I would have thought I would experience life as somebody important or famous that can change the world. I do believe In reincarnation and getting to pick your next life sort of speaking. I believe there's a gap before being reborn though because I googled all this. So in a way this links in with solipsism only if reincarnation is true chances are more people do exist. Funny thing with my solipsism is I believe in other existences e.g aliens but I believe they control the experience and there could be other people or humans living a different life like a PlayStation game. But everybody gets there own world to live in does this make sense??

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Maybe in that case if those are your personal beliefs all this should not be a problem to you...There is only one way to deal with solipsism...Believe it or dont believe it...Sitting on the fence will just cause you more anxiety...Its a personal choice after all...You are your own person...But you did ask for opinions on how to get over it.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe in that case if those are your personal beliefs all this should not be a problem to you...There is only one way to deal with solipsism...Believe it or dont believe it...Sitting on the fence will just cause you more anxiety...Its a personal choice after all...You are your own person...But you did ask for opinions on how to get over it.....
But if Solipism is real and that is how life works I should be concerned by this. Or if anybody believes in it and it was real we should be concerned if nobody was real.

If solipsism isn't real and it's part of anxiety perhaps we shouldn't be worried about it just more concerned on how to let the feeling pass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts