Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that there is little or nothing one can actively do to change the misery of dp. At least it seems to be so.

I think cbt would be quite good for anxiety and/or dp because even if it doesn't help there is always the feel of action to it.The feel of control.
And even if one isn't able to control much, at least the therapist pretends to guide or know the next steps. So at least there is some framework outside of oneself.

Because talk therapies are like too passive. The crux with dp and anxiety is that it condems one to be patient although one feels to freak out.

That is why I think that dp sufferers kind of hope to snap out of it. This is passive too. Like some day everything will be fine. Just like that. This hope again is something that fits in the overall feeling of passivity.
And being so helpless and passive is not a weakness. It is part of the illness.

I realized that it would be a great help for me to have a framework or life outside of myself. I mean outside of myself.

Like for example a group that does things everyday and I am free to join without being forced. That is what I call a life outside of myself. Like something that I can be part of but without being forced. Something that goes on on a daily basis , also without me, but also something that welcomes me without pressure.

Because a job situation is different. When I have a job I must be present everyday (force) and I have to do the things with a certain amount of care and concentration (too much pressure and thinking).

And that is too much for me who is sometimes not even able to survive a single day even without pressure. On the otherhand, lack of action is not helping either, so I find myself in a situation where the only escape is hope for the day when I will just snap out of it. Well, this day will never come just like that.

So it is the overall situation that incites the passive hope for a cure. Because there is either no opportunity to actively work for one's health or an oppressive job opportunity which makes things worse also.

I think that some daily activity with other people would help me, but I have no idea where to find something like this.

I am thinking of my grandpa now, he is retired but he is able to fill his life with activity. I think it is because of the money. If I had enough monthly income spending money would be some distraction.

I feel trapped. Trapped to be passive and trapped to be forced to do too much. There is no option but to be too passive.

And when i think of doing something there is always the bitter taste of loneliness. Like when I go for a walk, I am alone. When I do something else, i am alone too. This sometimes prevents me from doing anything at all. Like sitting in front of the fucking computer writing on dpselfhelp.

Is this post something you can relate to or is this topic just reflecting my own dilemma?
Would be a help if you could reply whether you agree or not or maybe someone has some idea what to do about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I realize that there is little or nothing one can actively do to change the misery of dp. At least it seems to be so.

I think cbt would be quite good for anxiety and/or dp because even if it doesn't help there is always the feel of action to it.The feel of control.
And even if one isn't able to control much, at least the therapist pretends to guide or know the next steps. So at least there is some framework outside of oneself.

Because talk therapies are like too passive. The crux with dp and anxiety is that it condems one to be patient although one feels to freak out.

That is why I think that dp sufferers kind of hope to snap out of it. This is passive too. Like some day everything will be fine. Just like that. This hope again is something that fits in the overall feeling of passivity.
And being so helpless and passive is not a weakness. It is part of the illness.

I realized that it would be a great help for me to have a framework or life outside of myself. I mean outside of myself.

Like for example a group that does things everyday and I am free to join without being forced. That is what I call a life outside of myself. Like something that I can be part of but without being forced. Something that goes on on a daily basis , also without me, but also something that welcomes me without pressure.

Because a job situation is different. When I have a job I must be present everyday (force) and I have to do the things with a certain amount of care and concentration (too much pressure and thinking).

And that is too much for me who is sometimes not even able to survive a single day even without pressure. On the otherhand, lack of action is not helping either, so I find myself in a situation where the only escape is hope for the day when I will just snap out of it. Well, this day will never come just like that.

So it is the overall situation that incites the passive hope for a cure. Because there is either no opportunity to actively work for one's health or an oppressive job opportunity which makes things worse also.

I think that some daily activity with other people would help me, but I have no idea where to find something like this.

I am thinking of my grandpa now, he is retired but he is able to fill his life with activity. I think it is because of the money. If I had enough monthly income spending money would be some distraction.

I feel trapped. Trapped to be passive and trapped to be forced to do too much. There is no option but to be too passive.

And when i think of doing something there is always the bitter taste of loneliness. Like when I go for a walk, I am alone. When I do something else, i am alone too. This sometimes prevents me from doing anything at all. Like sitting in front of the fucking computer writing on dpselfhelp.

Is this post something you can relate to or is this topic just reflecting my own dilemma?
Would be a help if you could reply whether you agree or not or maybe someone has some idea what to do about it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
This post has a lot of info in it and I'm having trouble focusing. (Not your fault I think I have ADD or some learning disability or something....)

Have you tried looking for groups in your area? I did that once and found a few panic disorder ones, but I decided they were too far.... I freak out in cars. I looked up panic disorder groups on google or something. There's gotta be some kind of group you can go to. And then you could probably meet some people who could go on walks with you and stuff like that so you won't be alone.

I also feel trapped. And I get so overwhelmed by things I have to do or should be doing or want to be doing that a lot of times I just go to sleep and do nothing at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts