Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I really need help with this symptom, I CAN'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOLD ON TO A THOUGHT, I had so much anxiety back then now I feel nothing, and thoughts are so silent as if the volume is put down to zero, and they have NO MEANING whatsoever, like if I get a thought, I have NO emotions to that thought. Is this DP what is this?... Help man :S

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
Yeah buddy, DP from what I know is either rapid thoughts that are constant or a deep state of numb where you aren't thinking about anything.

I've had both, I am now in the state of nothingness. From my knowledge, Anhedonia sums this up pretty well. State of blankness. I am not saying you can't beat this naturally, i'm just long time past that, I've tried to many things and i've found when something is working FOR ME, medications, improvement things in matter of months that hasn't been touched in years of trying the typical, going for walks, working out and the classic 'don't think about it', which I certainly don't, I don't have any thoughts so that one is easy.

I'll share this, up to you which way you go, also note that I am specifically mentioning step 3b, i'm not saying skip to 3b, he has a list probably for a good reason in order, it's just what i'd say is the most popular here and only many places i've studied this.

Gillman's AD algorithm. https://psychotropical.info/ken-gillman-ad-algorithm/

Scroll down to the bit that starts "Gillman's AD algorithm

This algorithm is a 'two-lane' choice*, a fast lane and a slow lane"

I had to import it into a word document, take out words that were not needed and make it really simple, reading it in that format is confusing if you ask me.

Step 3b) Talks about an SNRI and A typical AS - (Aripiprazole is mentioned)

BTW blankness can be beaten, many here have done it, I've experienced relief from it when I was on Mirtazapine just from boost of emotions. It's just a state of numb I believe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts