Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had some minor breakthrough although I dont think its a healthy one really.

The other day I had a cigarette after months of not smoking and immediately after two puffs I felt my DP/DR cleared.

The effect lasted for a few minutes and now Im smoking againL, and again I feel as if it lifts away this condition, even if its for a little while.

Is there a connection here betweeb nicotine and this conditiin or is it just psycgological?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forogt to mention that this little breakthrough made me realize DP is all an illusion and that we ARE here but the brain is altered to make us think nothibg is real or whatnot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It could be the breathing pattern not the cigarette itself. When I first had dp when it was not that severe -actually I knew this breathing technique from a guy on YouTube who had dp - I used to do this breathing exercise and freed me of dp for about three minutes.

This is how it goes. Take a deep breath while counting ten seconds. You should inhale until the air fills your stomach not only the upper side of your body. Hold it for another ten seconds. Exhale in twenty seconds. You wouldn't be able to do twenty seconds without releasing the air partially. Fill your oral cavity with air as if you're blowing air up inside a balloon.

Repeat this breathing exercise for at least three times. The more you do the better. Then breath naturally. You will find that you have become very calm and relaxed. But I'm not sure about dp because it used to work for me when I first had dp. Now, it doesn't have any effect.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nicotene actually temporarily boosts memory, concentration and fine motor skills as well as a bunch of other things. It has a fairly long list of potential benefits, but all outweighed by the increased risk of tumor formation.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be the breathing pattern not the cigarette itself. When I first had dp when it was not that severe -actually I knew this breathing technique from a guy on YouTube who had dp - I used to do this breathing exercise and freed me of dp for about three minutes.

This is how it goes. Take a deep breath while counting ten seconds. You should inhale until the air fills your stomach not only the upper side of your body. Hold it for another ten seconds. Exhale in twenty seconds. You wouldn't be able to do twenty seconds without releasing the air partially. Fill your oral cavity with air as if you're blowing air up inside a balloon.

Repeat this breathing exercise for at least three times. The more you do the better. Then breath naturally. You will find that you have become very calm and relaxed. But I'm not sure about dp because it used to work for me when I first had dp. Now, it doesn't have any effect.
Tried it. Didn't do anything for me, yet, at least.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nicotene actually temporarily boosts memory, concentration and fine motor skills as well as a bunch of other things. It has a fairly long list of potential benefits, but all outweighed by the increased risk of tumor formation.
The good news is you don't have to smoke to get nicotine. Not recommending getting addicted to nicotine though. It will only add to your troubles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts