Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a few questions and I wanted to speak with someone that has or had depersonilization. Im currently recovering from the disorder. It's going okay in terms of mental thoughts. I know to stay positive and I write down physical and mental notes that make me feel more "connected". I got this disorder from marijuana and im curious to obtain knowledge the will help me recover. In regards -Tony :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I would note that cannabis affects the processes of the brain, particularly those of the temporal lobe. The temporal lobe processes sensory input, references memory, and assigns emotional context to perception. One research neurologist states "The temporal lobe is exquisitely prone to insult."

I suppose cannabis can be a stress test for individuals who have underlying temporal lobe issues. Temporal lobe epilepsy is the most common form of epilepsy. The temporal lobe is constructed from complex DNA blueprints. Mutations and errors are not unlikely. No one is perfect.

I researched my symptoms and concluded my dominant temporal lobe had pathology. I actually suspected I had scarred my hippocampus. Over the objections of my local neurologist, I scheduled an MRI with epilepsy protocol and an EEG to see if I could validate my suspicions.

Well, I was right and they were wrong. My EEG showed significant signs of pathology in my dominant temporal lobe. The 20 years of "panic attacks" I suffered were, more than likely, mild forms of temporal lobe seizure. One does not have to fall unconscious and foam at the

mouth to have incurred a seizure. An absence seizure can be as simple as staring off into space for a short period of time. My advice would be to not focus on the cannabis as the problem. Focus on your temporal lobe. Get an EEG done by a competent neurologist.

In the mean time, stop insulting your brain.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think they're insulting their brain in any way. You may be right about marijuana causing that but it does also cause dp/dr.

Tony, I was diagnosed with dp/dr It started with marihuana as well and me doing acid a few weeks ago I'm sure.

but i got a few books on it, I've been reading they're helping a ton, socializing is good. I come face to face with my dpdr for example for some reason I freak out at night time and I think it's due to my bad acid trip I thought I was dead because it was night out, so to get better I'm going and sitting outside when it gets dark for 15/30 minutes and observing how I'm ok and nothing's happening.
How I cope with my fear of going insane, I wrote a paragraph explaining how I felt why I was scared what would my family think, and explaining my suicidal thoughts. Then right under it I wrote a funny paragraph about the first one turning it into a joke like " I'm imagining I'm going apeshiz, I'm imagining I'm running around the zoo yelling at apes in an ape suit while trying to overdose on bananas. "

The point of this is to sit there and laugh at how irrational your fear is, I learned it from the book and she says to go back and read it a few times a day for ten days. It will get rid of the anxious thought in your head bothering you. You know you're not gonna go running around in a monkey suit you know you're not crazy.

If you want the book you can find it at Barnes and noble it's " from panick to power" written by Lucinda Bassett. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts