Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels like I'm going crazy. Along with bouts of depersonalization that come every other week or so and last around 5 days, Ive noticed weird issues with my breathing. Could be caused by anxiety but not sure. It seems to be worse at night, and when Im laying down but that might be because thats when im aware of my breathing so the anxiety kicks in and makes me think somethings wrong with my breathing. It feels like im not getting enough air, and sometimes I jolt awake and breathe in deeply because its almost like my body forgot to breathe. I google this and the first thing that shows up every time is congestive heart failure and its really driving me crazy. I dont know what to do im so scared.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also had this for a month, common symptom of anxiety. Realize that you can't die from not being conscious breathing as your body will breathe automatically, it will go away in time. Try ERP for it, basically what you do is you intentionally focus on the breathing even if it makes you uncomfortable, just to stop being scared of being conscious of your breathing. Once you remove the fear that "you'll be stuck like this forever" and "I'm scared I can't breathe", your obsession will go away

1 - 2 of 2 Posts