Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here. I just discovered dp this year. It is a relief to here I'm not the only one. But I still feel isolated. I have tried talking to my loved ones but it seems that is making it worse. I just really need to talk to SOMEONE that understands.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
So I'm still trying to find out how to take care of myself but I'm suffering from making excuses of why I can't. No time no money. I'm contipating seeing a psychiatrist what do you do?
I always recommend a psychologist. If you find a good one then it can definitely be worth the price.

You can always find things in the managing depersonalization and recovery stories sub-forums. Since everyone is different, there's a variety of things you can try to mitigate the depersonalization / derealization. Some may work and some might not. The things that I used to recovery was bettering my diet, getting in shape, and socializing with others. The more you let the fear ruminate, the more it'll perpetuate your unreality.

Do you have any idea what might have triggered this for you? When was the first time you experienced depersonalization?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts