Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Male, almost 23. To sum everything up in short, I've been suffering with severe anxiety basically my entire memorable life. However, in 2007 my life changed drastically. I've started getting DP/DR symptoms along with vision problems and uncontrollable panic attacks which seemed to have gotten worse over the years, or slightly changed how they've manifested and took control of my life. I have a hard time getting outside because of many of the symptoms a lot of you are probably already familiar with, so I won't go over them. I'm looking for solutions, such as supplements or medications that may help reduce the severity of my symptoms and help me be more confident with getting outside more and live a fuller life. I can't do so many things at once because I'm on a tight budget, but I am interested in finding a single supplement or medication to request that will help get me some relief and make my symptoms less debilitating. It has gotten to the point of not being able to sleep well or barely get any some times and having bathroom issues; I'm pretty much scared of everything now, you name it.

Thank you so much for reading. Sorry if this appears lazy and rushed, I just don't feel up up to going through my entire life because of how complicated it is to explain to others about my symptoms and overall life experiences with these problems. I would probably have to write a whole book to make people understand what I'm going through.

·
Registered
631 Posts
No worries. I think most of us can relate to the difficulties creating a life narrative and describing the symptoms. And even if you do get it written down in a satisfactory way, it's usually still not helpful for most doctors or other "normal" people to understand anyways.

I don't know what medications specifically can help with "getting outside and leading a fuller life", though many on here have seen some relief from medications like lamotrigine (Lamictal) and Clomiprine. Various benzos can provide some relief as well, though that is a mixed bag. Some have found temporary help with CNS stimulants such as ADDerall as well.

As for sleep, the only thing that helps for me is Trazodone. Of course, there is not one thing that will definitely work for all people, so some experimentation might be warranted. But I hope this gives you a start.

One supplement that people find somewhat relaxing is Magnesium. Epsom salt baths can also be beneficial for some.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries. I think most of us can relate to the difficulties creating a life narrative and describing the symptoms. And even if you do get it written down in a satisfactory way, it's usually still not helpful for most doctors or other "normal" people to understand anyways.

I don't know what medications specifically can help with "getting outside and leading a fuller life", though many on here have seen some relief from medications like lamotrigine (Lamictal) and Clomiprine. Various benzos can provide some relief as well, though that is a mixed bag. Some have found temporary help with CNS stimulants such as ADDerall as well.

As for sleep, the only thing that helps for me is Trazodone. Of course, there is not one thing that will definitely work for all people, so some experimentation might be warranted. But I hope this gives you a start.

One supplement that people find somewhat relaxing is Magnesium. Epsom salt baths can also be beneficial for some.
Thanks. I'm going to try straight gaba again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts