Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I haven’t had an official diagnosis, as i’m sure many of you haven’t as well, but i have been experiencing what i believe to be dpdr for about 2 months now. I’ve been through some pretty traumatic events in the last few years, bad break up, SA, loss of a loved one and the tipping point was a bad high from marijuana that sent me into a panic attack. After my panic attack i was in a constant state of anxiety and dpdr for 2 weeks before being hospitalized. to give some context i was also addicted to weed and had been constantly high all day leading up to this very bad high. after getting out of the hospital, like a dumbass, i went back to my old ways. a week after getting out i met up with a random girl off a dating app and got piss drunk with her to the point where i was throwing up on myself and my friend had to come pick me up. i kept smoking weed and drinking all the time because i felt good again and in reality. well about two months ago it came back to bite me in the ass. i woke up one day feeling a bit lightheaded not knowing it was dpdr again and went about my day and went out and got drunk after work. went to sleep and woke up in hell and it’s been like this since. some days have been easier than others but lately it’s been getting more and more intense. I am also on anti depressants so i’m not sure if they are fueling the fire of dpdr in me or helping me, i’ll talk to my psychiatrist about it, but i need help. any tips would be greatly appreciated. i’m not looking for a magic pill i know it doesn’t exist i just want to know some things that work for you all out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey. The first would be to stop smoking/drinking if you're still doing it. Other than that you could look for talk therapy if that is a possibility for you.
Mindfulness meditation, Grounding- and Breathing techniques can also be helpful to lower your general stress- and anxiety levels. They helped me to at least calm down more and also get better sleep.
There are many techniques on the internet. You can try what works best for you and adjust the techniques for you personally.

Hope it helps you a bit!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey. The first would be to stop smoking/drinking if you're still doing it. Other than that you could look for talk therapy if that is a possibility for you.
Mindfulness meditation, Grounding- and Breathing techniques can also be helpful to lower your general stress- and anxiety levels. They helped me to at least calm down more and also get better sleep.
There are many techniques on the internet. You can try what works best for you and adjust the techniques for you personally.

Hope it helps you a bit!
appreciate the response. i have stopped smoking and drinking all together and have been sober for about a month now. some days seem to be easier than others but currently in an intense episode of feeling not real. i have looked up so many resources online but have yet to find the one that works for me. I am currently doing talk therapy with a new therapist who i have been seeing these past two weeks. Seeing her again on wednesday and am looking forward to that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts