Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new and I’m not sure if Dp/Dr is what I’m experiencing.. so I’ll start how my whole issue started. I’m 26 and a little over 4 months ago I had my first and only panic attack. I’ve had some mild/moderate anxiety since then.. maybe a little depression as well. My biggest issue from this whole experience is my thoughts. I’ve read symptoms about Dp/Dr and I don’t necessarily feel detached or things feeling dreamlike but I feel weird a lot? Life feels different and doesn’t feel natural.. kinda surreal but not unreal. My thoughts have pretty much been about existence. Thinking things like maybe I’m not real or wondering if my mom and brother are real... also just being so weirded out about being a human.. like it seems bizarre and intense. It’s just extremely weird... makes me feel like I’m becoming delusional and having the typical schizophrenia worry but like I said I don’t feel detached or dreamlike.. so what’s going on? My thoughts are causing me distress. If I could just get my normal thing patterns I had before panic attack I think I would be fine and return to normal. No previous problems with anxiety before the attack and no family history of anxiety or mental issues of any kind. I just wanna know what’s wrong and thought I could get some insight. Is this Dp/Dr or something else. Help! I appreciate any inputs.

·
Administrator
977 Posts
Hi, welcome. Anxiety can cause many strange sensations, and it also affects our thoughts. They start racing as our senses look out for danger signals, so your thoughts can also become strange and distressing. The thoughts will settle down as you do. I would start looking at what stresses in your life have caused you to feel this way and learn ways to relax and let go of tension, as well as trying to resolve whatever issues have been upsetting you. You might try speaking to someone you trust or a councilor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.