Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...

as i have had bad experiences of meds....

i have decided to lay off them and just try everything else.... :shock: :lol:

things like holistic therapies...CBT...whatever else that could help that does not include medication...

but now i am scaring myself that by doing this...

as meds might be the only way forward...

hell man i think i am just panicing for the sake of panicing now! :roll:

anyways...

if people could comment on what they think about either holistic therapies or anything non-meds that could help please let me know :)

thank you everyone :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok...

as i have had bad experiences of meds....

i have decided to lay off them and just try everything else.... :shock: :lol:

things like holistic therapies...CBT...whatever else that could help that does not include medication...

but now i am scaring myself that by doing this...

as meds might be the only way forward...

hell man i think i am just panicing for the sake of panicing now! :roll:

anyways...

if people could comment on what they think about either holistic therapies or anything non-meds that could help please let me know :)

thank you everyone :D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi Shadowness,

From reading your recent post and seeing that you are indeed in a very panicky, anxious place...it seems that you would be well served to start something. It seems if you are fearful about pretty much any kind of start maybe having someone to begin guiding you might be helpful. Maybe you can think of doing some kind of talk therapy/cbt as a kinder and gentler beginning.

I hope you find someone that can hold your hand, talk softly and help you begin your focas outward. This is just my take on how you seem to be doing at this point in time. Coming to this site is a great place to get suggestions and ideas but at some point you need to step out of your fear and begin moving forward. :)

You really are going to be fine, Shadowness. You are smart, sensitive to what is going on around you and able to take a positive position in your health.

My sincere best,
terri

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi Shadowness,

From reading your recent post and seeing that you are indeed in a very panicky, anxious place...it seems that you would be well served to start something. It seems if you are fearful about pretty much any kind of start maybe having someone to begin guiding you might be helpful. Maybe you can think of doing some kind of talk therapy/cbt as a kinder and gentler beginning.

I hope you find someone that can hold your hand, talk softly and help you begin your focas outward. This is just my take on how you seem to be doing at this point in time. Coming to this site is a great place to get suggestions and ideas but at some point you need to step out of your fear and begin moving forward. :)

You really are going to be fine, Shadowness. You are smart, sensitive to what is going on around you and able to take a positive position in your health.

My sincere best,
terri

G

·
Terri, I think your post is worth heeding. It applies to me also.
Shadowness, it seems we are in the same boat, the two of us(grin).

G

·
Terri, I think your post is worth heeding. It applies to me also.
Shadowness, it seems we are in the same boat, the two of us(grin).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
terri* thank you so much for your post...:)

gave me hope...and was very comforting....

i think when i talk to my therapist i will ask more about CBT....

you are right though...

i need to start something...anything!

do not worry I....

we will be ok :)

thank you for your replies :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
terri* thank you so much for your post...:)

gave me hope...and was very comforting....

i think when i talk to my therapist i will ask more about CBT....

you are right though...

i need to start something...anything!

do not worry I....

we will be ok :)

thank you for your replies :D

G

·
eeehhhh .... I dunno.............

I think (I think, not guaranteed) my meds are finally working now, I have been taking them for like four weeks. I am not so down anymore, means I am not down all the time but only sometimes.

Well, if it goes on like this I will be fine, in like a month or two, I dunno.

G

·
eeehhhh .... I dunno.............

I think (I think, not guaranteed) my meds are finally working now, I have been taking them for like four weeks. I am not so down anymore, means I am not down all the time but only sometimes.

Well, if it goes on like this I will be fine, in like a month or two, I dunno.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I said:
Shadowness, if you try out CBT, tell me how it is. I mean, please.
no worries I....i will let you know if and when i will have a go at it and will let you all know who it goes :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I said:
Shadowness, if you try out CBT, tell me how it is. I mean, please.
no worries I....i will let you know if and when i will have a go at it and will let you all know who it goes :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts