Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , so insont feel very depersonalizrd now , but i feel such a horrible emptyness like a depression , like if i was trapped in a hole , life seems very pointless and none of my goals seem to have any excitement , im not motivated to do anything , even though im not as scared as before its just very empty now , like if this left a huge scar on me , can someone relate? Or give me any hope i have alot of intrusive thoughts telling me im going to die or not make it out

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this at the moment. It does sounds like depression, the way you are describing it. I have felt the exact same symptoms before - the emptiness, feeling very alone, full of regret, no hope or excitement about anything. So I feel for you if you're going through this too. It's very common to get the horrible intrusive thoughts if you're feeling this way. Try not to take those thoughts seriously if you can. Try and think of a better life and aim for that and don't let the intrusive thoughts tell you otherwise. Anything is possible. You might want to see a doctor if you are feeling really bad. They will likely want to prescribe a medication - it's entirety up to you if you want to take it or not. Hopefully you won't need it and time will be the healer but either way, there is a way to better times ahead no matter how bad you feel right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks im actually withdrawaling from xanax since 1 month and a half i only took it for 2 months but its my 3th withdrawal so i guess thats why it hit me so hard, i hope the dp really shook me and made me very depressed i think thinking all those existencial questions and the point of life wasnt helping right now with my current state , i lmow i should keep my head up and keep going, its just weird this in between dp state , because i dont really feel it very hard i just feel slightly but very down and asking myself what is the point?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I relate to alot of those feelings too. I really feel for you. Ive been in some really deep depression at times, i still kinda am. Those imtrusive thoughts just come and get worse and make everything seem so much more pointless. It can really feel like theres nothing to strive for...but just remember that life is meaningful and love is what makes life so grand. Your life, like everyone elses is a miracle and unique with its own essence.

As Where also said, this too shall pass. For me, i needed medication to feel better recently but sometimes i dont need it to feel better. All i can say is try to do the things that you used to enjoy, even if u dont see the point in doing so at the moment.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I haven't enjoyed a single waking moment or had any ability to think positively about life since early 2018, i feel like a shell. The only thing that keeps me going is the 'this too shall pass' mantra

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im feelling like this too, i cant study i cant work i cant go to gym normally anymore, some months ago i was very VERY sad thinking about killing my self and all but i got a family that needs me i got to keep going anyway, anyhow, years ago i made a 6 month treatment with an ssri, it helped me to get going, i will recomend you to try it do a short treatment too but do not rely on it just start your inner engine again, im feeling what you feeling its just a depression it will go away but itll need your will to do it

·
Registered
235 Posts
Im feelling like this too, i cant study i cant work i cant go to gym normally anymore, some months ago i was very VERY sad thinking about killing my self and all but i got a family that needs me i got to keep going anyway, anyhow, years ago i made a 6 month treatment with an ssri, it helped me to get going, i will recomend you to try it do a short treatment too but do not rely on it just start your inner engine again, im feeling what you feeling its just a depression it will go away but itll need your will to do it
SSRIs (specifically fluoxetine/prozac) have pulled me out of deep depressions that I wouldn't have been able to get out of otherwise. However, they leave enduring withdrawal after effects that have lasted for a year and more after stopping the medication. I have a love/hate relationship with medication. I'm currently fighting depression by using other methods and am throwing everything at it but it mostly feels like a losing battle. My latest addition to treatment is the purchase of a SAD (seasonal affective disorder) Lamp. I'm going to try it for a month and if it has no effect then I think I will have to seriously consider medication again. The winter always turns me into a wreck no matter how good my mental state is at the end of the summer so I have to do all I can to avoid going through that again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
SSRIs (specifically fluoxetine/prozac) have pulled me out of deep depressions that I wouldn't have been able to get out of otherwise. However, they leave enduring withdrawal after effects that have lasted for a year and more after stopping the medication. I have a love/hate relationship with medication. I'm currently fighting depression by using other methods and am throwing everything at it but it mostly feels like a losing battle. My latest addition to treatment is the purchase of a SAD (seasonal affective disorder) Lamp. I'm going to try it for a month and if it has no effect then I think I will have to seriously consider medication again. The winter always turns me into a wreck no matter how good my mental state is at the end of the summer so I have to do all I can to avoid going through that again.
i feel like this close to summer, in winter im in a much better mood since winter brings me inner peace idk i think is because summer here is waaay too hot. i noticed my depression comes back withh a feeling of isolation i NEED people around me to feel better i cant stand te feeling of being lonely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts