Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm about to start taking zoloft and I've never taken any drug like this befor, when I was 14 I got my first panic attack from smoking marijuana and I am 27 now and from 14 till 6 months ago I've always had severe anxiety and occasional panic attacks which really crippled my life and some periods well six months ago I started to get severe anxiety all day long which then led to what felt like an ongoing panic attack with a high heart rate and everything will Fast Forward about a month and all of a sudden all the physical symptoms light up but not the mental so it's like I'm having a silent panic attack all day which in turn of course led me to severe dpdr continuously which has absolutely destroyed my life I mean I literally feel like I'm dead or dying and in complete fear continuously. Well over these years I kind of subconsciously developed a phobia of anything that's mine altering such as ssris I mean I won't even drink alcohol and for the life of me even though I cut the 25mg tablet into quarters so that their 6.25 mg can't bring myself to take it but I know I truly need to start doing something to get my self leveled out enough to start my road to recovery. any advice would be super helpful

·
Registered
978 Posts
Fear of fear itself is pointless. Sorry I can't put it any easier, but 6.25mg of Zoloft (i've been on it) is doing nothing at all.

The worries are typical of anxiety, staying of alcohol is a good thing, as for advice, you either find a doctor you trust in or don't bother, taking 1/4 of what the doctor is giving you isn't doing you any good. Zoloft wouldn't be my go to, but you don't know until you try.

Not sure what you are looking for, just thought i'd say Hi... advice on what? an irrational phobia? i'd say read a book,

Linden Method

Chimp Paradox

The Road Less Traveled

PM me I might be able to direct you.. you need to get over the panic of worry about worrying before you can begin the journey. I'm pro meds, i've seen what they can do, phobia is a typical anxiety symptom but one of the more CBT training things, I don't believe you can out train DP, but worry of worry is only going to keep you back. Thing is, a million people could write here how they recovered, but it always seems so different when you have it, you think 'i won't be that lucky' etc..

A quote that i love is simply "You got to participate in your own rescue"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts