Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
i'm new here and i need advice.
My bf has been suffering from dpdr for a long time, and in some cases he is much better than before. however, I have learned that he has been cheating on me for a few months. this doesn't make sense for me. should I confront him with it? and do you think it could have something to do with his mental state?

I would be very grateful for any reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could it be related? Absolutely. But could just as easily be unrelated.

As far as I know, there’s no consensus, but differing or “inappropriate” sexual behaviour seems to be among the symptoms. This might range from zero interest in sex to new and more deviant behaviours.

The only way to know is to talk about it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
In my opinion cheating is unacceptable regardless of what his mental state is. I don’t think you should ignore his cheating, solely for the reason that he has dpdr. You have every right to confront him for hurting you, and decide if you want to stay based on whether or not he deserves your forgiveness. Maybe it’s not easy to do that when you love someone and know that they’re going through something. But you have to think about yourself and your happiness too! Cheating should not be acceptable simply because of dpdr, it’s not an excuse at all. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could it be related? Absolutely. But could just as easily be unrelated.

As far as I know, there’s no consensus, but differing or “inappropriate” sexual behaviour seems to be among the symptoms. This might range from zero interest in sex to new and more deviant behaviours.

The only way to know is to talk about it.

Good luck!
Thanks for the answer.
It hasn't really worked out between us, he wasn't interested in sex at all. That's why I absolutely do not understand his cheating, especially it was just one night stands that he had.
I'll confront him about it soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts