Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gonna sound stupid.. I don't know what's wrong with me..

I feel like when I think people around me can sense what I'm thinking

If that makes sense..

Not like I'm thinking of the color yellow and someone comes up to me and says hey ur thinking the color yellow

It's more like..

First of all, my brain works like this,

If I don't want to think of something bad, I'll think about that bad thing non stop,

Hate it

Anyways, going on,

It's like say I'm talking to someone and then I think of the worst thing in my mind, like just randomly sucker punching them

I would never do that.. but my mind thinks that cus that's like the worse thing I can think of

But I believe if I'm talking to someone and I constantly thinking about sucker punching them, I feel like they can sense it

And this drives me crazy,

That's just a quick example

But once I start thinking that people can sense what I'm thinking

Then I just start thinking all the negative shit; and start spazzing out as if people can sense what I'm thinking

It's a non stop cycle..

Is this like paranoia or something..

Maybe I'll try a Xanax or something

I don't think that has ever worked

I guess worth a try..

Please I'd like someone to help me with this ????????

·
Registered
978 Posts
This is mentioned in various anxiety self help books i've read over the years and is totally normal.

Your brain is basically freaking out that you will do something terrible but you won't. Distraction at all times when these thoughts come in is the best way to stop having them

Edit: And i've been there, punching was one of mine, it's just an irrational fear as you never actually do it

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I used to have those negative impulses. "Throw the coffee in his face!"....."Change lanes and hit them head on!". It's sick and disturbing. Looking back, I liken it to having an upset stomach and burping and farting as a result.

When your brain's thought generator is "upset", it can foment dark and inappropriate suggestions. What can you do, but shrug the dumb shit off and keep on truckin? I used to have them frequently. Maybe the ECT I had

in 2014 fized my upset brain.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The more you try to fight it the more it persist right ?

Best advice to outsmart your brain is to accept these thoughts and overall stop fighting them...

It's simple but it works!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The more you try to fight it the more it persist right ?

Best advice to outsmart your brain is to accept these thoughts and overall stop fighting them...

It's simple but it works!
Exactly. The more one resists those specific thoughts, the more the brain generates them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts