Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so one of these are gonna be the new med I try I need opinions please. I have had dp for 3 years but also have tried many meds Prozac worked very very well but to many side effects while Effexor worked on my anxiety only the best but didn’t have that stimulating effect from Prozac. I’m always really tired and get up super late and also have obsessive thoughts please give me suggestions thanks!

·
Registered
710 Posts
pharmalogical both drugs are SSRIs with almost identical mechanism of action like prozac. The differences is in their half-life. Celexa is more commonly used .

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would go for Luvox. It definitely improved my DP and it said to be especially potent in treating OCD (DP shares a lot of OCD like features).

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Escitalopram for me. I have taken 40mg with no side effects at all. It did not energize or sedate me.

I took paxil and effexor for years and both gave unwanted sexual side effects. Prozac aggravated

my insomnia. Lexapro was right for me. your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I may go back to Prozac just because it helped me so much but also caused me to be worse in sports also going on naltrexone my doctor recommended hope it’ll help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

I wouldn't take neither of them. In my opinion SSRI's are just tic tacs for a procrastinated trauma with depesonalization disorder. But if would pick one of them, i would take Luvox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts