Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this and really just need answers.I've looked on every site possible.I just wondered does isolating yourself in the house make it worse?I've blocked every friend I have on social media and I stay inside all day everyday binge watching TV or scrolling through the internet.I'm lost at this point I just went through a really bad break up almost 3 weeks ago from a relationship I was in for 7 yearr.I've left the house maybe 3 times in those three weeks each time I stayed in the car and came right back home I just want a cure!Am I doing this to myself?Is there something I could do to change it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually lost everyone I knew after the break up so I haven't had a complete choice to have friends in the last six months I've had a few traumatic events take place my mother n law had a heart attack I gave her CPR a few months later I lost my brother n law and was there when he passed I've been in and out of an emotionally abusive relationship and at this point I don't know who I am or what to do everything looks strange and everyone feels like strangers even my parents what can I do to stop this I went to therapy a few weeks ago and they said I was having depersonalization the same night my ex came after me threatening me over the phone and the next day when I woke up I felt weird I just woke up and felt like everything was a dream and like I don't know anyone even my parents which I live with so it's a constant battle

·
Registered
445 Posts
If I sounded judgemental I didn't mean too, it sounds awful what has gone on for you and I totally sympathise. However it seems obvious that your DPDR is reactionary and caused by the stresses you're experiencing. In many ways that's how DP SHOULD work. This means you need to work on eradicating stressors from your life. It's just too much for you to handle and your brain is trying to tell you this.

You are similar to my second DP breakdown. Four years ago i was in much the same situation I couldn't handle my life stresses at the time so i broke up with my partner, quit my job, started living a more casual and care free life, and a year later I was fixed

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't think you were being judgemental at all I just wanted to be honest with what has happened I've looked up so much that all of that could be the cause I just can't seem to make a step towards getting better I make up some days or most days and think I'm still at my ex's of course I snap out of it then I cry and go numb and feel out of body all of again is there anything you recommend I start doing to get out of this I am starting therapy soon but I've read alot that I have to do for myself to come out of it any tips

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And another question I apologise if I'm writing to much I have left the ex completely I have had no contact with anyone for about 3 weeks maybe two at the least and I've had no stress where I'm living now so is it normal to feel like this even after leaving the environment that caused the stress

·
Registered
445 Posts
yes it's normal to still feel DP when you've removed yourself from the bad situation. The bad news is it'll probably be around for a while. What has happened is that your brain is worn down from the stress and will take a little while to balance again.

Here's what I did to get better:

Sleep. Get 8 hours per night and nap during the day when you can, when you feel like it

Keep active: take walks, workout a little. Healthy body healthy mind

Drink enough water

Relaxation: do that thing at the end of the day that you really enjoy. Give yourself a little luxury

Don't drink so much alcohol you get a hangover

Say yes to fun experiences

Give it TIME. Accept it's guna be here for now

Here's the good news: treat yourself right an you're guna be absolutely fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure everyone has said the same thing. But yes. isolation makes everything much, much worse.

What's difficult is that you feel like you don't want to do anything, but to get better you have to. It's hard, I know, but things will get easier and easier as you go on. There's going to be some discomfort, and you'll have to push yourself, but the first step truly is the hardest.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes lol and one more question today I was sitting and I heard my neighbors truck start I knew it was my neighbors but for some reason my mind went blank and I thought I was back at the place that had all the stress is that normal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.