Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have DPDR for 7 months, with ocd thoughts. Start after a year with i high dose of stress. I think anxiety is the biggest problem. I never ever had anxiety or psychic problems.

I'm taking escitalopram but it's not helping me. Also I have tried 20 sessions RTMS both sides and TPJ side. When my monthly period is, I feel depressed and really wanna die, because I see no way out of this disorder.

In two weeks I go back to my psychiatrist, and I wanna try other meds. Please someone, tell me what WORKED or a little bit worked out for you..

THANK YOU!
And yes everything is checked, hormones - vitamines - body. Everything was fine..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

When you say you have DPDR for 7 months, is it 24/7? Do you have periods where you are yourself so to speak? If so, try to think what's going on or what are you doing during that time.

I can tell you what didn't work... more meds. Chances are you'll end up like me and millions of others; dependent. That's the last thing I would wish and trust me, I understand, like most here, the feeling of hopelessness. However it's not too advanced so recovery is not only possible but might be quicker than you think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi NickD, it’s 24/7 and sometimes I’m so scared that i will lose my mind.. no moments when I was feeling myself in those months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well the good news is that you won't lose your mind. That was also one of my first fear but the psychiatrist told me that people who loses their mind do not question their own sanity to begin with.

I can only speak from my own experience but the number one tip that you need to apply right now is the "I don't give a damn" attitude towards the condition. I've learnt it the hard way but it does work. While I'm still experiencing some problems, the bulk of my attacks disappeared when I decided to let go. For example, you want to do something or go somewhere but you're scared something might happen... so what? If it happens, it happens!

I was very hard for me to apply this but I really works and it works fast. Fear feeds on fear, so if you're not fearing what might happens, fear doesn't have control, you regain control. Hope this helps... I know it's the most cliché and overused phrase but you are not alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts