Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Naloxone is available as narcan. Lots of places will give it to you if you say you're worried about someone. Start there. As for naltrexone, I'm assuming you have a doctor who had approved it. If not, you're in for a rude awakening when your realize they just don't give that medication out for off-label conditions.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Naloxone is available as narcan. Lots of places will give it to you if you say you're worried about someone. Start there. As for naltrexone, I'm assuming you have a doctor who had approved it. If not, you're in for a rude awakening when your realize they just don't give that medication out for off-label conditions.
I do have one.

· Registered
12 Posts
It supposedly will be OTC soon, but in the mean time it will be hard to get a regular supply.

· Registered
512 Posts
I tried naltrexone and I posted something about my experience before. 6 mg felt like it had reduced my DR quickly. But then the effect did not stay for more than a few days. I tried again later at 25 mg (usual minimum dosage) and it was uncomfortable and maybe increased my DR a bit. Someone pointed out that the positive effect I had the first time could have been a placebo effect, and it's not impossible. But even if it was not, the effect was not very strong and did not last for me.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried naltrexone and I posted something about my experience before. 6 mg felt like it had reduced my DR quickly. But then the effect did not stay for more than a few days. I tried again later at 25 mg (usual minimum dosage) and it was uncomfortable and maybe increased my DR a bit. Someone pointed out that the positive effect I had the first time could have been a placebo effect, and it's not impossible. But even if it was not, the effect was not very strong and did not last for me.
It's a crap shoot. Lamictal made my dp much worse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts