Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

im 22 years old, live in Holland.
All this started when i was alone for a long time, i didnt eat well and got financial issues and issues at my job which led to too much stress, after that i started googling symptoms of mental diseases out of curiousity, Which shook me so hard that i got a panic attack, i tried sleeping it off and i woke up in a dream(dpdr) and i was scared of everything.

A 1.5 week later ago i recovered. Didnt felt dreamy and not anxiety. A couple weeks later i was at my job, working and i felt myself weird. İ associated with anxiety and paniced, here we go again, i got dpdr which lasts for 3 months now. İ got weeks where i felt 10% and weeks where i felt 90%. İ tried to fully socialize and be as much as outside which helps me forget about me thinking

İ also got intrusive thoughts and thoughts which are coming back. İ never had this earlier and i think this is fueling my dpdr..

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I began to experience those symptoms when i was 17. I had dp/dr following a trauma I didn't understand. I had a major depressive episode, followed by several more throughout my life. At age 57, I came to understand the trauma at age 17. I had suffered temporal lobe seizures.

My panic attacks were actually focal temporal lobe seizures. An EEG established that my brain had pathology consistent with someone who had a history of epilepsy. Further investigation on my part revealed I was suffering from a rare epileptic syndrome, comorbid with recurrent

major depression. I no longer have seizures. I don't know why. Then again, I don't know why I ever had them. My depression remitted with ECT about 5 years ago. No more intrusive thoughts, either. All my psychiatric symptoms resolved with ECT. All I have now is an

occasional ocular migraine headache, as a reminder of my initial epileptic seizures. I was something of a worst case scenario. ECT may seem like an extreme option, but it is actually the most effective treatment for a broad range of psychiatric illness. It fell out of fashion,

and the pharmaceutical industry is very happy about that. But, advances in administering ECT should make it the choice of anyone with serious symptoms that are disrupting your life. I don't own ECT stock. I'm telling you what I know from personal experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts