Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i was a young girl i could remember not feeling real, i use to go in and out of this 'depersonalization' feeling for about 2-3 seconds and i thought it was normal, i would tell my friends and they wouldnt understand and i just thought they were weird and didnt think much of it, as i grew up i started smoking weed with some mates and never felt depersonalized, then one day i was with my bestfriend and i smoked, this time i felt way more stoned then usual and i didnt even have that much, i ate almost a whole box of cereal (i dont like cereal) and i thought it was amazing, i was so tired and cbf it was different, we soon ended up walking down to the primary school to go pick her sister up from school and so we went and got her and i walked over a rock and started feeling dp, but this time it was way worse i told my friend i felt weird and then i started freaking and having a huge panic attack and i was getting really stressed and embaressing myself so much, i started banging my head on the wall trying to go back in reality, everything felt completely dream state. and ever since then i have felt unreal, if i go near weed or smoke it i feel depersonalized, ive been pretty suicidal lately, i just hope it goes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry to hear that, and welcome to the site. Unfortunately, that is a pretty typical story of classic Marijuana induced depersonalization. How long have you had it for? Please don't feel suicidal. It gets MUCH better with time as you learn to accept the feeling. If you truly can't shake these feelings, then seek help.

It's also very interesting what you said about going in and out of the "depesonalized" state for a few seconds your entire life. I also had this. For me it would happen maybe once every few months. It never scared me, made me question reality or anything like that. In fact, I also brought it up to my friends and they told me they knew exactly what I was talking about. Hmm...

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. DP feeds on anxiety, which feeds on stress. All I can say is stay positive, avoid weed like the plague, try to live a more clean, healthy lifestyle and get out as much as possible. You'll be good...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts