Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me I have had dp/dr for 3 years now constant the first time was from smoking weed obviously but it was different on how I feel now I have felt like I have gotten increasingly worse over the time meaning just numb and I feel like I have something worse then DR because no matter how hard I try to stop it something feels like it’s still stuck in my head my emotions basically have faded away now and my obsessive thoughts are just crazy from every weird pure ocd thought in my head. I have tried a lot of meds and Prozac seemed to have worked but it didn’t take away the dp only the thoughts and depression. I am going to give anafranil a try and my docter thinks naltrexone may do something to. Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Are you seeing a therapist atm or is it just a doctor? Maybe medication isn’t the solution to your problem? I can relate a lot to the feeling of being stuck inside ones head, and also a ton of obsessive thoughts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen a therapist but they aren’t helping me they just say to breath it’s anxiety but it doesn’t help no therapist reall has

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my opinion, you need to find a therapist who really understands you and who are not afraid to look into your symptoms. I have visited 10+ psychologists/therapists over the last 10 years with little to no succes. Finally I found someone who understands me fully and have no doubts at all that I will recover. You need to find that kind of therapist. Medication is symptomatic treatment anf will just disconnect you from your emotions which is really not a good idea in this state. Best of luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think medication has helped me in the past because sometimes I don’t want to do anything at all given how tired I am and no matter how hard I try I feel so emotionless and tired and with medication it does a little to help that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts