Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received my results through quest labs and i got positive for band 41 while all others were negative...does anybody here with derealization and lyme experience that antibody and can tell me some details if that band is lyme specific or matches another possible infection? thanks

Component Your Value Standard Range
B.BURGDORFERI IGG NEGATIVE
18 KD IGG BAND NON-REACTIVE
23 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
28 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
30 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
39 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
41 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
45 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
58 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
66 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
93 KD (IGG) BAND NON-REACTIVE
B.BURGDORFERI IGM NEGATIVE
23 KD (IGM) BAND NON-REACTIVE
39 KD (IGM) BAND NON-REACTIVE
41 KD (IGM) BAND NON-REACTIVE

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi,

As a person who has gone through the confusing round-about with Lyme and all the fun controversies surrounding it, here is my best take.

Band 41 is the most common band to appear on Lyme tests. Most doctors will look at a test that only has band 41 and conclude that it is negative. I think the Dearborn criteria are still in effect, which means that you would need 5 bands on the IGG and / or 2 bands on the IGM that you have listed to be considered positive. LLMD's who look at it will say if you have 41 plus you are experiencing symptoms commensurate with a Lyme diagnosis, then they will diagnose and treat. Band 41 refers to the flagellum of the spirochete, and is believed by some doctors to only react in response to other spirochetes, such as treponema pallidum (syphilis) or certain dental spirochetes.

Have you had your bloodwork performed by IGenix, by any chance? I know many Lymies and their doctors swear by it. From all I've read, my conclusion is that commercial tests tend to lack sensitivity, whereas IGenix tends to be too sensitive or not specific enough. In other words, Lyme testing is pretty shit all around. My main question would be: does Lyme make sense to you? Is it possible you were bitten by a tick? Do you have symptoms beyond DP/DR, and can you not pinpoint a "trauma" that began your DR? If you think it might be worth diagnosis and treatment, then find a Lyme literate doctor.

Good luck on your journey. Feel free to contact me if you need more information (I'm no expert, but I have gone down that route).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts