Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm from Philippines and sorry for my grammar. Add me in facebook please @Jc Cuesta(John Cris) so can someone help me and talk me with DPD PERSON. I am 18 years old now and I experienced DPD twice a year or more. I started experiencing it when I was Grade 7 and I just graduated april 2018 in Senior high. Every time my DPD occur, my studies will be affected because I always get to bed, I ways dreaming, it looks like my everything is not real. I'm trying to overcome it, to fight it, to not minding it but DPD Stops me to do it. I am an honor student and having DPD is a destractiom to my studies in high school. My absences longs for almost 1 week and half. I always crying, and wishing that someone's understand my illness PS: I just know that DPD is the name of my illness this past few days only. I admit that I am thinking to commit suicide everytime my DPD occur. I really felt like robot, no emotions, no fear, and asking myself "is this real?" My parents won't believe me that I have this kind of illness. They thought that it's just skipping meals, they thought that it's I am normal. It's really hurt because no ones comforting me when It's occur. They miss interpret it, especially my DAD. They said I only need to fight it, then yeah I fighted it but DPD is so very strong. And my dad told me that I'm not fighting because if I fighted, I should do the things I did usually like helping in our household chores. But when my DPD occur, it changed everything in my daily life. But still my dad won't believe me. How I wish someone having DPD people can come here and talk to my dad. They can't understand my Illness, they won't believe me. They thought I taking drugs, and need to go to mental. Help me please, add me on fb please so we can video call or chat. I really want to talk and express my feelings. I am 1st year college now with a course of BS MARINE TRANSPORTATION. How I wish that my DPD won't occur and if it will, I wish I can overcome it just a few time. Thank you.. Can you give me some tips so I can overcome my DPD just a few time/day?? please.. I want to graduate in college without this kind of illness. It make me feel like useless in this world, I feel tired and I dont have emotions. Everithying I see is not real, like I'm floating, and I'm out of my body.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Twice a year? for a week? most won't say this because it's not what you wanna hear..

most people here have this 365 days a year. No let up for one second, to the point it's hard to think the brain fog is so strong in a bit of a daze and numb, yet had to accept it and keep going. I don't think you can class this as an illness if it happens for 2 weeks in a year, I have a cold at least 4 times a year and it's not a illness and nor do i have it. You are obviously anxious if two weeks a year is enough to give you all this worry.

As much as it sucks to do stuff with DP, you need to learn coping mechanisms. Passing DP is NORMAL part of the fight or flight response, so for 2 weeks in a year when your anxiety is high and it kicks in, well A LOT of people experience that without the condition. It's in built in mechanism. It's a disorder when it's constant.

Best thing you could do is see a phycologist and talk to them, they will help you see this for what it is, you shouldn't want to commit suicide for two weeks of feeling DP a year, nor is 'It's really hurt because no ones comforting me when It's occur' a very grown up attachment style, which are often talked about in DP. Have you considered you may have anxiety and or depression in general?

As for advice other than talking to a phycologist, when DP comes for the week, fighting DP is not the right word, the best thing you can do is keep doing what you were doing, it will ground you into feeling more normal, yes house hold chores etc, I mean all you explain is that it changes how you feel, and how you dwell on the situation. Distract yourself by living life and in a week it will be gone. If you label yourself as DP and sit and research it you will raise your anxiety and convince yourself that something is wrong with you...this will cause a panic loop and you will experience DP more often.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Sir.. sorry it;s an DISORDER NOT ILLNESS. My Girlfriend helped me to overcome it, I mean when she always talking at me when I'm having DPD, I felt like I overcome my DPD. it's true that TALK THERAPY CAN HEAL ME. But my family don't mind me if my DPD occur so I called my GF to come then she always talking to me and she believe that I have DPD because my behavior changed. Do you know how to overcome it just a few time/day?? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In a week it will be gone sir? is there no other way to lessen it? I mean to overcome it just a few time?? It's hard for me because I am a student and it's affecting my studies espicially I'm 1st year college now and when my DPD occur, I really want to go to school when my DPD occur but I dont understand what I am feeling. It's look like other people is not real, like I am dreaming. And I cant sleep well because I always dreaming..

·
Registered
978 Posts
I didn't mean to under play how you feel and how DP is at all, i know reading it back it comes of this way.

DP is not nice at all, it's hard to function with it for sure, but i'm not sure as above, twice a year? or are you constantly experiencing this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
dude jc i know how u feel im half filipino on my moms side and shes ruthless when it comes to this mental illness we argue alot, so do me and my dad but he understands it more and believes that im not doing good as he has bipolar and anxiety. you should get better though since you only have it in episodes, just try to take care of yourself and stay far the fuck away from things that stress you out. last thing you want is to have this 24 7 chronic feeling like your brain is damaged with terrible memory and no emotions, creativity ect ect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts