Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most DP cases mine first appeared while under the influence of Marijuana over a year ago. After a few months of pretty much clearing my DP symptoms I felt good enough and curious enough to try to smoke ocassionally again, I did. I knew all the risks and knew very well I could depersonalize again, The strange thing was I didnt! I had a normal relaxing high. So a few weeks later, again I gave it another go expecting the good again, Bam I was wrong and I depersonalized to the extreme - nothing was real, nothing made sense, my body tingled to extremes and I experianced the frame by frame vision yet again like the orginal onset time. Interestingly enough since I knew this sensation was DP I wasnt nearly as frightend as I was when it first happend, I just simply went to bed and woke up fealing almost completly back to normal. Over the past months I have kept experimenting. Sometimes Ill smoke pot and feel great, other times ill smoke and DP to hell, but always am able to wake up in a normal state the next morning. It doesnt make any sense! Anyone else experiance this type of thing? any ideas or theorys to why this happens? I no longer fear DP because I have conqueroed it many times, but yet still by random when I smoke pot it strikes at full force.

Interested in hearing some feedback!

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
541 Posts
o ya it's a def a state of mind thing, but of course it's real and has detrimental effects, if you kind of expect whats going to happen, you necessarily wont be as bad as wen u wake up, cause ur prepared and it wont last as long. youre mind needs time to work things out, dont force it because that just makes it worst. but i do feel dped once in a while, and i have come to learn that it is an "event" in the mind that can be passed sooner if it is seen as such. gl

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
One of the effects of cannabis is depersonalization. Congrats if yours is not chronic. The 2nd law of thermodynamics is entropy. Systems tend to disorder. Don't expect to keep throwing your mind into the air, and having it land in better order than when it was tossed. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am very lucky that for the most part my DP is not chronic, now dont get me wrong theres times during high anxiety or stress Ill start loosing touch, but its never nearly as extreme and unbearable as when I have smoked marijuana. I can honestly say I dont have any desire to continue to smoke pot, mainly because I dont want to stretch my luck and end up in a near permanat state of DP. DP in general is very interesting, and never pleasant.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'm not a teen anymore, so I guess I am not vulnerable as I used to be to peer pressure. It boggles my mind why some people insist on smoking marijuana, even when the effects are unpleasant. I've read where 30% of new smokers experience anxiety with cannabis. Nothing, in my mind, is less fun than anxiety. In fact, anxiety is the anti-fun. If you are part of the 70% who enjoy cannabis, then I understand why you would continue to smoke it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It can trigger DP (it is my case) but it is not something that can appreciably damage your brain. Of course it somehow damage brain but it is gradual and slow. It is only amongst smokers that smoke very regularly!! By the way, my opinion is to avoid Marihuana because it has more benefits then smoking it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.