Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is FireFlare.

I've been experiencing DP/DR like symptoms for about 2.5 months now, it all started because of marijuana. I had the luck that I started seeing people because of this, my parents took me to the General Practitioner and luckily he understood what I had and reffered me to a Psychologist, which is the stage I'm currently in. I already had 3 talks, of which 2 were in-takes. I haven't been diagnosed officially, but I think that will happen soon, hopefully at my evaluation December 6th. Things went pretty fast since telling my parents.

I quit drinking Caffeinated drinks, stopped smoking marijuana and currently working on stopping smoking cigarettes. But I still experience derealization when I get fatiqued, mostly to compensate for this I eat and drink. I know this process of getting back to a 100% is long and sometimes very tiresome, but I can do it, I have regular talks with my school, workplace and parents.

Does anyone have any tips on staying less fatiqued, thus having worse symptoms, especially during long days? Because I've honestly been avoiding a lot of stuff that makes me tired or take a lot of energy. This forum already helped me a lot, the symptoms are less bad since the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there, welcome!

I also have constant mild derealization symptoms for 2.5 months now due to my first ever experience with marijuana, so I feel you, we will be fine in time, I truly hope so!!!

I also have some sort of slight slow motion, fast paced eye movements as if I will feel dizzy but in fact I am not, it is a sensation only anf it is just annoying really...and then that feeling coupled with mild derealization symptoms a month later...do you experience anything like this along with your derealization?

I can't wait to hear about more research regarding the effect of marijuana, depersonalization-derealization and these withdrawal symptoms...I hope there can be a medical solution to eliminate these effects on the brain...

I don't really have any miracle relief ideas other the ones that are known to others i guess, I would say just exercise is really important, eat healthy and distract yourself as much as you can; the more you think about it, the more stressful it becomes from the way I look at it!

Anddd don't worry, you are not alone, everyone goes through something in life in one way or another, we just happened to be sensitive, curious ones ended up with this, try to look at it that way and know that you are not alone!!! we will all get better in time :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts