Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just have to get this out as it is REALLY bugging me today...

I am really worried about what I will (can) do with my life. I know most people my age are concerned about this but I beleive my fear is much greater, as I feel I cannot work, cannot have a family, and cannot 'fall in love'. And this is all because of the DP and neck/nerve problems I have. I often feel handicapped or disabled. Right now I feel I cannot work and cannot go to school. My future seems doomed. I often dream that someone will come along and pay for me to live...just until I can find some way to improve my symptoms or even learn to cope. You'd think after 10 years I would be an expert at coping but really I was just pushing myself to go on. Now I've had enough of that. I've hit a wall and I WILL NOT RETURN TO THAT STATE. My life depends on it... but I have no clue what to do.

uni-g

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all,

I just have to get this out as it is REALLY bugging me today...

I am really worried about what I will (can) do with my life. I know most people my age are concerned about this but I beleive my fear is much greater, as I feel I cannot work, cannot have a family, and cannot 'fall in love'. And this is all because of the DP and neck/nerve problems I have. I often feel handicapped or disabled. Right now I feel I cannot work and cannot go to school. My future seems doomed. I often dream that someone will come along and pay for me to live...just until I can find some way to improve my symptoms or even learn to cope. You'd think after 10 years I would be an expert at coping but really I was just pushing myself to go on. Now I've had enough of that. I've hit a wall and I WILL NOT RETURN TO THAT STATE. My life depends on it... but I have no clue what to do.

uni-g

G

·
I really don't know if this is a process that is part of this illness. I started questioning things like this because I felt so weak & not human or alive. But if you sit there & imagine your whole life & all the possibilities in that 1 moment ofcourse you will feel like you could never cope.

This is why we have time to do all these things. Take each day as it comes as your learn & grow each day you will be able to handle whatever life throws at you. If you had all the answers now it would be so boring.

stop thinking so much & start living & enjoying life!

G

·
I really don't know if this is a process that is part of this illness. I started questioning things like this because I felt so weak & not human or alive. But if you sit there & imagine your whole life & all the possibilities in that 1 moment ofcourse you will feel like you could never cope.

This is why we have time to do all these things. Take each day as it comes as your learn & grow each day you will be able to handle whatever life throws at you. If you had all the answers now it would be so boring.

stop thinking so much & start living & enjoying life!

G

·
* Hugs* from Soul Brotha

:D

lol

i know what your sayin though, i don't know where my life is heading either & sometimes it really scares the shit out of me. I always think that i'll never be able to hold down a real relationship with a girl and that i won't ever do what i want to do and i'll never achieve my goals.

But i guess thats all just apart of life?

G

·
* Hugs* from Soul Brotha

:D

lol

i know what your sayin though, i don't know where my life is heading either & sometimes it really scares the shit out of me. I always think that i'll never be able to hold down a real relationship with a girl and that i won't ever do what i want to do and i'll never achieve my goals.

But i guess thats all just apart of life?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well, i'm older than dirt and still don't know where the hell i'm going. I'm serious...and just think, time is going rushing thru the ol' hour glass on me. :shock: I gotta think of something quick !

Good advice from all. Time has the craziest way of allowing all kinds of things to happen...many when you least expect it.

Be easy on yourself.
terri

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well, i'm older than dirt and still don't know where the hell i'm going. I'm serious...and just think, time is going rushing thru the ol' hour glass on me. :shock: I gotta think of something quick !

Good advice from all. Time has the craziest way of allowing all kinds of things to happen...many when you least expect it.

Be easy on yourself.
terri

·
Registered
136 Posts
Know what you mean Uni girl. A couple of months ago this exact same thing was bothering me. I got sick of waking up each day and being bothered about this. I also realised I was missing the "present" worrying about the "future". It doesn't bother me now because I simply decided I'm
gonna be as happy as i can for the rest of my life. I sat down wrote out a list of all the things I would like to do before i die. I've come to realise I really don't want that much. If i don't have much money (i don't care) If i don't get married (i'll cope) If i don't have kids (i'll get by). As long as i'm breathing i still have hope. No one or nothing can take that away.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Know what you mean Uni girl. A couple of months ago this exact same thing was bothering me. I got sick of waking up each day and being bothered about this. I also realised I was missing the "present" worrying about the "future". It doesn't bother me now because I simply decided I'm
gonna be as happy as i can for the rest of my life. I sat down wrote out a list of all the things I would like to do before i die. I've come to realise I really don't want that much. If i don't have much money (i don't care) If i don't get married (i'll cope) If i don't have kids (i'll get by). As long as i'm breathing i still have hope. No one or nothing can take that away.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i am also in that stage in life where in i have an idea where i am headed too. I stopped college for a semester and i feel like im back to zero again with nothing. And the dp is making it worse, aside from the depression, theres dp with the bluntness and all the crazy things going with it. but the positive thing is dp has enhanced my capabilities to repress emotions thus lessening depression... but the mind is still unclear-- and aimless that is

·
Registered
52 Posts
i am also in that stage in life where in i have an idea where i am headed too. I stopped college for a semester and i feel like im back to zero again with nothing. And the dp is making it worse, aside from the depression, theres dp with the bluntness and all the crazy things going with it. but the positive thing is dp has enhanced my capabilities to repress emotions thus lessening depression... but the mind is still unclear-- and aimless that is

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for the replies. I don't think anything anyone says can make me feel better, unless they offer to donate... :) I've heard it all by now. (sorry to say it). It's my physical symptoms that are the most debilitating of all.

SB, please stop laughing about the hug thing. Maybe if I give you a hug you'll stop.

<<HUGS>> for SB.

uni-g

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for the replies. I don't think anything anyone says can make me feel better, unless they offer to donate... :) I've heard it all by now. (sorry to say it). It's my physical symptoms that are the most debilitating of all.

SB, please stop laughing about the hug thing. Maybe if I give you a hug you'll stop.

<<HUGS>> for SB.

uni-g

1 - 14 of 14 Posts