Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before it turns out into a off-topic chit-chat - Janine described something very well in her topic Think About Yourself All You Want To;
something you can do/start with immediately, something which helped me me a lot as well (I figured it out myself)- well, helped, it was the beginning of something new, being myself without fear and finishing the shit I created and annoyed other people with (DP/DR); my mother wanted to help me, she saw I was in misery, I was institutionalised and in the end, she got a heart attack because she could not handle it...do not think only about yourself and the misery you are in; others suffer as well; your loved ones... Free yourself and become a player in life!

Actually what Janine wrote is not something helping you, but a guidance...Do it and you will feel relief - the symptoms will be less...Once you feel powerful enough to become yourself, trust your feelings, let them come and go, and very act often upon them: you'll learn your emotional boundaries (instead of what has been taught by others, by yourself by analyzing, by scripting (causality)) Dp/DR will diminish. It is something which will happen in a split second - suddenly you will feel ... the environment and yourself again - something you did not want to feel (for some unique reason). With me it was fear of not achieving the the things I imagined - total despair triggered something called DP/DR (actually I dissociated from the real world - did not want to feel reality, and turned out into a man who really did not felt anything - kudos to the egocentric bastard :wink: , myself).

You'll feel reborn - free of pre-programming by others, media, yourself, ads...Learn (well...accept!) to live and love, to degrade and hate, to be loved and hated...You are everything and nothing; like beauty is in the eye of the beholder...And nothing is objective reality.

It is you, now, what do you think while reading this? Bullshit? Nonsense? Write it down!

Do yourself a favour and read the first post by Janine in Think About Yourself All You Want To

I am very, very serious on this one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before it turns out into a off-topic chit-chat - Janine described something very well in her topic Think About Yourself All You Want To;
something you can do/start with immediately, something which helped me me a lot as well (I figured it out myself)- well, helped, it was the beginning of something new, being myself without fear and finishing the shit I created and annoyed other people with (DP/DR); my mother wanted to help me, she saw I was in misery, I was institutionalised and in the end, she got a heart attack because she could not handle it...do not think only about yourself and the misery you are in; others suffer as well; your loved ones... Free yourself and become a player in life!

Actually what Janine wrote is not something helping you, but a guidance...Do it and you will feel relief - the symptoms will be less...Once you feel powerful enough to become yourself, trust your feelings, let them come and go, and very act often upon them: you'll learn your emotional boundaries (instead of what has been taught by others, by yourself by analyzing, by scripting (causality)) Dp/DR will diminish. It is something which will happen in a split second - suddenly you will feel ... the environment and yourself again - something you did not want to feel (for some unique reason). With me it was fear of not achieving the the things I imagined - total despair triggered something called DP/DR (actually I dissociated from the real world - did not want to feel reality, and turned out into a man who really did not felt anything - kudos to the egocentric bastard :wink: , myself).

You'll feel reborn - free of pre-programming by others, media, yourself, ads...Learn (well...accept!) to live and love, to degrade and hate, to be loved and hated...You are everything and nothing; like beauty is in the eye of the beholder...And nothing is objective reality.

It is you, now, what do you think while reading this? Bullshit? Nonsense? Write it down!

Do yourself a favour and read the first post by Janine in Think About Yourself All You Want To

I am very, very serious on this one.

G

·
Hi Des,

Do you actually think DR fade sudendly???

I have some moments where I feel less terrified by DR. But DR is there, it's just that I feel good (feel the fresh air, or feel good physically, or just feel good for other reason, but feel good with DR, and when I think : hey, does DR is less there? I realize it's still there, I can't focus on reality, or on myself (who am I) and I feel hopeless. I feel like I can't, just can't be grounded, even if I do anything. Antidep just ease my pain, and I NEED it.

But I think if I wait for DR to go off suddendly, I will wait long!!!!! I don't think it's a thing who goes away if you think about it every time. I think it goes away when you don't care about it, and its because of that that I take anti-obsessionnal med.

What do you think?

Cynthia xxx

G

·
Hi Des,

Do you actually think DR fade sudendly???

I have some moments where I feel less terrified by DR. But DR is there, it's just that I feel good (feel the fresh air, or feel good physically, or just feel good for other reason, but feel good with DR, and when I think : hey, does DR is less there? I realize it's still there, I can't focus on reality, or on myself (who am I) and I feel hopeless. I feel like I can't, just can't be grounded, even if I do anything. Antidep just ease my pain, and I NEED it.

But I think if I wait for DR to go off suddendly, I will wait long!!!!! I don't think it's a thing who goes away if you think about it every time. I think it goes away when you don't care about it, and its because of that that I take anti-obsessionnal med.

What do you think?

Cynthia xxx

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well i'm not Des but I think you're doing the right thing, I also find my AD effective against obsessive thinking. Wich I think is the hardest thing to beat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well i'm not Des but I think you're doing the right thing, I also find my AD effective against obsessive thinking. Wich I think is the hardest thing to beat

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the very same - obsessive thinking is the hardest part. I totally believe in distraction and its's a fact also to me that dp/dr is a symptom of introspection and self-awareness.

Last saturday I went out with my mates and I had decided in the morning already that I won't CARE about dp, I'm gonna have fun IN SPITE of feeling weird. I felt self-confident about my decision and as a result I realised in the middle of the nite: I was 100% dp-free. I felt my surroundings, my emotions..I was so happy I could have cried. That dp-free state lasted rest of the nite and whole sunday, as I felt so confident and I had power over it.

The belief that you can beat it by distraction and neglection is definitely the trick in my opinion.

However today the obsessive thinking has been back, and I've felt to some extent dp'ed again...for me the obsessiveness is related to the issue that if marijuana has caused some permanent chemical dysfunction in my brain..and what if neglection doesn't work for marijuana-induced dp..I'd need dome reassurance although I have already proved myself I can beat it.

What do you think DutchMark? Do you believe those normal rules apply in our cases? Or how r u obsessing about it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the very same - obsessive thinking is the hardest part. I totally believe in distraction and its's a fact also to me that dp/dr is a symptom of introspection and self-awareness.

Last saturday I went out with my mates and I had decided in the morning already that I won't CARE about dp, I'm gonna have fun IN SPITE of feeling weird. I felt self-confident about my decision and as a result I realised in the middle of the nite: I was 100% dp-free. I felt my surroundings, my emotions..I was so happy I could have cried. That dp-free state lasted rest of the nite and whole sunday, as I felt so confident and I had power over it.

The belief that you can beat it by distraction and neglection is definitely the trick in my opinion.

However today the obsessive thinking has been back, and I've felt to some extent dp'ed again...for me the obsessiveness is related to the issue that if marijuana has caused some permanent chemical dysfunction in my brain..and what if neglection doesn't work for marijuana-induced dp..I'd need dome reassurance although I have already proved myself I can beat it.

What do you think DutchMark? Do you believe those normal rules apply in our cases? Or how r u obsessing about it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts