Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Does anyone know what the most effective treatment is so far for Dp/dr? I've tried TMS, Lamictal, and some anti depressants, but no luck or big advances.

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
733 Posts
Formally there is no somatic interventions for depersonalization. rTMS is all about locations. If you have tried rTMS is it likely the right or left DLPFC as these are the only locations most clinics and rTMS machines can take. These locations are likely not central in depersonalization. The problem with rTMS and depersonalization is we do not know the exact location in the prefrontal cortex where the regulation/shot down of emotions start and where rTMS shall stimulate and the rTMS technology required to do that is in development as these locations will likely be much deeper than current rTMS technology can stimulate. So, you can try more psychological approaches.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Some use a low strength antidepressant and antipsychotic combo and find that effective.

Others think it is a branch of OCD, so therapy for obsession might be the key.
It's 100% OCD related, and introspection. Atleast in my case, I am aware of every bodily and mental shifts. I am constant monitoring myself 24/7. I have created great fear of substances or anything mind altering. I am paralyzed by choice. Researching for 10.000 hours has only made my condition worse. And still I can't stop it. I have this disorder since a kid. Best times were when I just started going back to school or work. And just lived life and let things be as they are.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have heard of quite a few people that recovered fully or got much better with Clomipramine (Anafranil), a tricyclic antidepressant.

Aridity, for you, suffering from OCD and DP this could really benefit you. It is said to be the "golden standard" for OCD. It is highy effective for OCD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts