Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i find that it is the mornings that is the worst time...

i wake up and i feel like i am in a dream as soon as i open my eyes...

i get all panicy and srtessed as it feels like i have been born again and have to get used to feeling dp'ed/dr'ed all over again!

does anyone else find that the mornings are the worst time of the day for dp/dr?

why is this?

thank you :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i find that it is the mornings that is the worst time...

i wake up and i feel like i am in a dream as soon as i open my eyes...

i get all panicy and srtessed as it feels like i have been born again and have to get used to feeling dp'ed/dr'ed all over again!

does anyone else find that the mornings are the worst time of the day for dp/dr?

why is this?

thank you :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
mornings definitely worst, i wake up every morning look round the room and cry, its like having to get use to life every day as if its a suprise to still be here, silly really cause i want to be here, i want a life not just an existence :lol:

·
Registered
749 Posts
mornings definitely worst, i wake up every morning look round the room and cry, its like having to get use to life every day as if its a suprise to still be here, silly really cause i want to be here, i want a life not just an existence :lol:

·
Registered
967 Posts
my usual morning routine lasts about 2 hours. in the first hour.. im half awake, i cant move.. cant open my eyes. i just dont want to wake up. then once the bladder pangs get to be too much.. i peel myself off the bed.. a huge frown on my face.. then i fall onto the toilet and fall asleep again. then i gradually slip in the toilet.. wake up, but dont get up.. and then for the next hour i sit there and zone out. i come up with some off the wall subject.. like some tv show.. and then relive it in my mind. ill even get involved and start talking to myself and reciting entire conversations whilst sitting on the pot. then when i feel the lip of the toilet seat cutting into my skin, ill realize what im doing and feeling totally embarrased and pissed off at myself, i rise from the seat only to fall back down because all the blood in my legs is gone from sitting there for so long. then i go in the shower and lean against the wall as i fall asleep once more.

its a frustrating thing to go through day in and day out.. but thats my life. :cry:

·
Registered
967 Posts
my usual morning routine lasts about 2 hours. in the first hour.. im half awake, i cant move.. cant open my eyes. i just dont want to wake up. then once the bladder pangs get to be too much.. i peel myself off the bed.. a huge frown on my face.. then i fall onto the toilet and fall asleep again. then i gradually slip in the toilet.. wake up, but dont get up.. and then for the next hour i sit there and zone out. i come up with some off the wall subject.. like some tv show.. and then relive it in my mind. ill even get involved and start talking to myself and reciting entire conversations whilst sitting on the pot. then when i feel the lip of the toilet seat cutting into my skin, ill realize what im doing and feeling totally embarrased and pissed off at myself, i rise from the seat only to fall back down because all the blood in my legs is gone from sitting there for so long. then i go in the shower and lean against the wall as i fall asleep once more.

its a frustrating thing to go through day in and day out.. but thats my life. :cry:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you very much for your honest reply sleepingbeauty...

i think in the mornings you feel that rush of frustration or anger or anxiety (or all or anything else)....that realisation that you feel no better...

i am waiting for the day when i wake up...truely wake up and feel normal...

come on normality day! hurry the f*** up!!!!

sorry about that :roll:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you very much for your honest reply sleepingbeauty...

i think in the mornings you feel that rush of frustration or anger or anxiety (or all or anything else)....that realisation that you feel no better...

i am waiting for the day when i wake up...truely wake up and feel normal...

come on normality day! hurry the f*** up!!!!

sorry about that :roll:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mornings are definitely bad. In fact I was on my way to the gym this morning, and I felt like I was in dreamland while driving even though I wasn't even tired. I just came home because my anxiety was too much. But yes, mornings are a challenge.

Ken

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mornings are definitely bad. In fact I was on my way to the gym this morning, and I felt like I was in dreamland while driving even though I wasn't even tired. I just came home because my anxiety was too much. But yes, mornings are a challenge.

Ken

G

·
Sleepingbeauty...

I once read an entire book on the toilet. I understand about the blood leaving your legs part and the lid digging into your buns! I had a circle around my arse for like a week.

he he he

G

·
Sleepingbeauty...

I once read an entire book on the toilet. I understand about the blood leaving your legs part and the lid digging into your buns! I had a circle around my arse for like a week.

he he he

G

·
WTF????????????????????????????????????????????????

uhh yeah mourning are weird, but ummm im gonna leave this post now..........................

G

·
WTF????????????????????????????????????????????????

uhh yeah mourning are weird, but ummm im gonna leave this post now..........................

·
Registered
723 Posts
waking up and realising that you're still in hell is as bad as it gets. dp will start to lessen either with or without meds. and you will wake up one morning and dp wont be there. you'll be thinking of something totally different. ok so you might remember after a bit and start getting dp thoughts but it wont be waking up into it and you will be getting better.

·
Registered
723 Posts
waking up and realising that you're still in hell is as bad as it gets. dp will start to lessen either with or without meds. and you will wake up one morning and dp wont be there. you'll be thinking of something totally different. ok so you might remember after a bit and start getting dp thoughts but it wont be waking up into it and you will be getting better.

·
Registered
369 Posts
interesting. How long did it take before you started noticing a decrease in your DP?

Ken

·
Registered
369 Posts
interesting. How long did it take before you started noticing a decrease in your DP?

Ken

1 - 20 of 38 Posts