Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering... i dont think i know who i was before and that scares me. i have felt less and less like myself and now i dont know if i remember who i was. its scary. anybody feel like this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i feel exactly the same. i try to remember what "I" was like when i was 15 or 16 and try to somehow find that state of mind..although i am older now and obviously i've changed from then anyway. But i feel like i dont know who i've been since then and dont know who i will be if i ever get out of dp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys
I can laugh at you now! I went through all this, trying to remember trying to be that person. Well to start off with we change from moment to moment & what you are remembering is a moment. You can't go back only forward. At the time of being ill & going through this I had no one who could relate. I am happy that you guys have found comfort in each other. What you are doing by trying to go back to that moment is feeding the symptoms.

To get better, you need to picture & feel in your mind what you want be when you are well, focus on that feeling & that picture & strive for that. That is definitely what has helped me. Positive visualisation!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.