Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past few months, I've been dealing with my second bout of DP/DR. It came on after intense health/cardiac anxiety I was experiencing after I was told my blood pressure was a little high, and being burnt out/overworked. It started off as little moments of feeling foggy and out of it, and then eventually set into full time DPDR. As I said, this is my second time dealing with this, so the feeling was familiar, but still scared me as though it was the first time. My mentality when it first kicked in was to pretty much "fake it till I make it". I continued to go out, see friends, go to work ect. That worked for a little while until a few nights ago.. the DP intensified to a terrifying point. Almost as if I smoked too much weed, but I was completely sober. After this night of panic, I seemed to have stopped being able "faking it" and I've admitted to myself that it's time for change. I realized that maybe I should take a little time off work or take some time away from my friends. Ever since this "change" happened. My DP feels different. It's hard to explain, but I know its the same feeling i've been dealing with, but it has a different vibe to it. It's almost like a new "stage" of the disorder. Another thing thats changed since that night of panic, is that all day today amongst the strong DP, I've gotten these brief 15 seconds of clarity. It's as if the veil opens up and I can think/exist normally without this horrible worry/fog. I'd like to think that maybe I'm improving, but my anxiety is telling me that i'm going crazy and I'm unstable because of how quick my mental state is changing. Has anyone else felt this "change" in their DPDR and these little moments of relief?

P.S: the first time I experineced DPDR, I had a few moments of clarity, but they were never within the same day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts