Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Metallic taste ?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Steven 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone ever have a metallic taste in there mouth when they DP/DR?
yes114.29%
no685.71%

#3 ·
I hope I don't scare you, god knows I scare myself enough. If you get the taste pennies in your mouth, you might want to tell your dr. It could be a vitamin problem or something you may want a neurologist to check out.

#4 ·
Hey, I get a metallic feeling in my forehead, funny sensations in my front teeth - it all feels very electrical/metallic. I had an episode once which lasted for 2-3 days, but thankfully it isn't like that usually.

#5 ·
Mystic. put in metallic taste in the search section on this site, for I asked the same question. Others have it, and someone (Rula I think) described it as an anxiety type phenom. It is a strange occurance, and it baffled me for years for it literally tasted jsut like pennies in the mouth and only occured when I was really symptomatic with derealization.
jft

G
#7 ·
I don't have a metallic taste in my mouth. If I were you, I would look into
the possibility of mercury or other heavy metals leaching from your fillings and causing your DP and not the other way around. There is evidence that mercury, from filings can cause neurologic problems. There are cases in which the symtoms of multiple sclerosis disappeared following the removal of a persons mercury filings. I had all mine removed 20 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.