Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have ocd and went on an ocd forum and quit that as people were being nasty and blunt. Anyway the issue is when I've suffered solipsism and depersonalisation I used an anxiety site and people have trolled me and said quote "No proof that the female gender exists" and the person also thinks pain can be part of the illusion as well. I also have a fear of flying and someone said it's ok to get train places next week same person says I should fly for my future wife or I'm letting her down.

So basically I've decided it's best to quit this forum I have suffered bad solipsism and I've been trolled on forums with people trying to give evidence that solsipism can't be proven despite earlier posts before I joined being supportive with similar sufferers.

Anybody any thoughts is this person off the mark to say females are not real? Am I right to quit that forum?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well I'm no expert, and I've never felt obsessed about solipsism, but if I understand it correctly, the philosophy of solipsism would imply that everything relating to the so-called "real world", or anything outside our consciousness, is not real, which would include the female sex, amongst everything else. However, if we simply reject solipsism as false (not because we can prove it false, but because doing so is necessary in order to move forward in any discovery), then, yes, there is plenty of evidence that the "female gender" exists.

I admit, I'm no expert on the topic, and I don't think about it all that much, so I may have the argument totally wrong. But that's the way I see it.

As far as staying or quitting a forum, I don't think anyone can tell you whether you are right or wrong. Was it helping you achieve your self-defined goals or not? If not, then leaving might be a good thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm no expert, and I've never felt obsessed about solipsism, but if I understand it correctly, the philosophy of solipsism would imply that everything relating to the so-called "real world", or anything outside our consciousness, is not real, which would include the female sex, amongst everything else. However, if we simply reject solipsism as false (not because we can prove it false, but because doing so is necessary in order to move forward in any discovery), then, yes, there is plenty of evidence that the "female gender" exists.
I admit, I'm no expert on the topic, and I don't think about it all that much, so I may have the argument totally wrong. But that's the way I see it.
As far as staying or quitting a forum, I don't think anyone can tell you whether you are right or wrong. Was it helping you achieve your self-defined goals or not? If not, then leaving might be a good thing.
I've become obsessed with solipsism so I can't be sure females exist that's the issue

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But why females? Why not males as well? Or anything else for that matter?
Well yes I just going in what person said my solipsism makes me believe I like a god and I created all in my mind. That said I dunno who created me and if females don't exist it doesn't explain how males got here or up I if science is correct. The person denies aging exists despite what I see in a daily basis.

There's flaws un solipsism as it's a 17th century idea which has been modified with films like matrix. Life couldn't be a computer simulation 400 years ago..we never invented them.

The person couldn't answer if I hear someone in another room if they actually exist there as my eyes can't see them so I suggested if our senses are real and if not why would they trick us e.g to run from a bear? He also couldn't answer why crime us punished or why a solipsist never made a perfect world for himself. E.g rich and famous

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's just internet for you; don't take it to heart. Shrug it off, and move on. It's your call to make what forums you want to participate in and what not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts