Depersonalization Support Forum banner

mental anxiety attack without the physical symptoms

856 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  luluinthefog
Lately Ive been having extreme mental anxiety attacks but its as if my body is completely obvilous to it in the sense that it doesnt manifest itself in the ways it use to: i.e. sweating, racing heart rate, etc. has anyone else experienced this? Its terrifying, it has me worried something is seriously wrong with my central nervous system.
1 - 2 of 9 Posts
I call them metal panic attacks, cuz it's identical to a panic attack but with no physical symptoms, this is due to a defense mechanism in the brain see people like us have an overactive prefrontal cortex so any situations everything that we input such as touch sent taste and sight is rewired around our prefrontal cortex and into our amygdala causing everything that we see Phil hear taste or smell as fear yet at the same time or conscious Minds have no idea what's going on because none of that is fear to us rationally. Causing what we refer to as the silent panic attack
Reactions: 1
1 - 2 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.