Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had DR for about 5 months now, and I can hardly remember what i've been doing in those 5 months. I mean, certain big important things I can remember, but I can't seem to remember what I did yesterday, or what I had for dinner, etc. I was just wondering if this was a normal symptom and if anybody knows any way to help improve memory loss then that would be great.

·
Banned
31 Posts
You should research more on DP.

The reason you can't remember your life is the same reason you don't feel like yourself. It's part of the same mechanism.
I don't see how this applies to dp or memory maybe it's just you.

Frystak- My memory is horrible also i can't remember anything for the past 5 years and question my past. It feels like you did those things but you weren't part of it it's called auto-pilot you get used it and gets very stressful throughout the years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah i believe you remember stuff from being in the moment and being able to see, touch, smell, taste all goes into remembering things. and since our senses are blunted our memory gets blunted. Also nothing really resonates or "sinks in" with me so i cant connect with anything for my brain to store it as memory.

but who cares.... once you figure out what is keeping you in this your memory and stuff will go back to normal

dont put too much thought into it

·
Registered
568 Posts
The memory loss is prob one of the worst symptoms i have from dp that and loss of myself
My long term memory is terrible , my memories feel they did not really happen to me and when i picture a memory i can't picture me which i find very odd .
I'm hoping that my memory gets better as the dp dr fades or goes away , to feel disconnected to my memories hurts me big time , memories of my loved one that passed feel not right and it makes me feel very guilty and it drives me crazy because he deserves me to remember everything .
Do is cruel it really is .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.