Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day I've been listening to certain music that brings me back to a time before my emotional trauma. When I do this I feel the full range of emotions I used to feel. They were so powerful. I actually feel emotions connected to my memories. It's beautiful. Those times were beautiful. I felt so god damn alive. When I open my eyes and take my headphones out, the dullness of the moment hits me. I want to get back there and I know I can, I just need to find people to talk to. I need to cry too. Can't really do that around my roommate though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I love music because it is one of the only things that has fully cut through my DP. Even when nothing made sense, I never had weird thoughts about music. Hold on to the fact that you can experience those emotions, it's hope.
Oh no doubt there's hope. Many times I was convinced I was recovered because symptoms would go away, but now I'm realizing there are some real emotions that I'm not feeling. I think that's true recovery. I no longer suffer panic attacks or extreme DP feelings anymore though. Just physical manifestations of stress and emotional dullness

·
Registered
721 Posts
My emotions have been hella numb since 2011. I've had DP since 2004 and I never worried about emotional numbness until now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts