Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
isnt it a shame that the internet is getting such a bad rap for date rape and all that other horrible stuff...
the reason being is that so far ive met

martin horton
andy the drummer
nicon(robbie from wales)

and these fellas were absolute diamonds and we talked and talked,but it would be lovely just to hear a womans point of view on all of this,ive nothing against the lads ive met its just that women (in my oppinion) can talk about this stuff without adding a little macho touch to the end of the conversation(im guity of this)

yeh im depressed,yes im anxious as hell....but ....i can handle it!

you see i wouldnt follow this up when talking to a woman....

im just annoyed that the internet has sucha bad stigma and everyday my internet usage is dropping by about 1 hour,give it a motnh and this machine will be obsolete

jc xx

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
isnt it a shame that the internet is getting such a bad rap for date rape and all that other horrible stuff...
the reason being is that so far ive met

martin horton
andy the drummer
nicon(robbie from wales)

and these fellas were absolute diamonds and we talked and talked,but it would be lovely just to hear a womans point of view on all of this,ive nothing against the lads ive met its just that women (in my oppinion) can talk about this stuff without adding a little macho touch to the end of the conversation(im guity of this)

yeh im depressed,yes im anxious as hell....but ....i can handle it!

you see i wouldnt follow this up when talking to a woman....

im just annoyed that the internet has sucha bad stigma and everyday my internet usage is dropping by about 1 hour,give it a motnh and this machine will be obsolete

jc xx

·
Registered
723 Posts
i read in a post somewhere that there had been some uk people had met up. must have been you then. i think it'd be a great idea but being female i'd have to bring a chaperone of course! where did you meet? didnt know there was a robbie from wales on the board

·
Registered
723 Posts
i read in a post somewhere that there had been some uk people had met up. must have been you then. i think it'd be a great idea but being female i'd have to bring a chaperone of course! where did you meet? didnt know there was a robbie from wales on the board

·
Registered
31 Posts
Id absolutely love to meet some dp-fellow, but so far I think I'm the only finnish here...there is an anxiety-depression forum in finland and sometimes there is somebody complaining abt some weird sensation, similar to fog..and then I usually run to rescue, by educating a bit 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Id absolutely love to meet some dp-fellow, but so far I think I'm the only finnish here...there is an anxiety-depression forum in finland and sometimes there is somebody complaining abt some weird sensation, similar to fog..and then I usually run to rescue, by educating a bit 8)

·
Registered
967 Posts
date rape can happen everywhere. on the internet and off. ive found that its great to meet someone on the internet before you actually meet them. cause its convinient, private and you dont have to go out to a club, and try to weed out all the mask wearing bozos. sure on the internet theres a chance that youll be used and lied to.. but that risk is present no matter how you date, online or off. ive had my brain f#cked, my heart broken, more times offline than on. but thats the risk you take when youre in the "game". im so glad that i found just what i was looking for and i dont have to play that game anymore.

actually i wasnt really playing the game when i met gav. i was in a very low place and didnt want anything to do with ANYONE. my heart was so dead and shriveled that it was virtually non exisitant, its only purpose, to pump the cold primordial sludge that creeped through my decaying corpse. i was beyond love, beyond help. i really think that gav is the reason im still here. gavin is an ANGEL. thats the only way to describe him. he melted the ice and plucked the daggers from my heart and healed me. im not out of the woods yet, but im certianly on the path and now that im travelling under the warm wings of an angel im completely confident that i will survive and have a wonderful life with my angel by my side. and though i may stumble and slip along the way, my angel will be there to help me back on my feet.

its a gamble, but as many devils as there are out there... there are also angels waiting in the wings. :wink:

·
Registered
967 Posts
date rape can happen everywhere. on the internet and off. ive found that its great to meet someone on the internet before you actually meet them. cause its convinient, private and you dont have to go out to a club, and try to weed out all the mask wearing bozos. sure on the internet theres a chance that youll be used and lied to.. but that risk is present no matter how you date, online or off. ive had my brain f#cked, my heart broken, more times offline than on. but thats the risk you take when youre in the "game". im so glad that i found just what i was looking for and i dont have to play that game anymore.

actually i wasnt really playing the game when i met gav. i was in a very low place and didnt want anything to do with ANYONE. my heart was so dead and shriveled that it was virtually non exisitant, its only purpose, to pump the cold primordial sludge that creeped through my decaying corpse. i was beyond love, beyond help. i really think that gav is the reason im still here. gavin is an ANGEL. thats the only way to describe him. he melted the ice and plucked the daggers from my heart and healed me. im not out of the woods yet, but im certianly on the path and now that im travelling under the warm wings of an angel im completely confident that i will survive and have a wonderful life with my angel by my side. and though i may stumble and slip along the way, my angel will be there to help me back on my feet.

its a gamble, but as many devils as there are out there... there are also angels waiting in the wings. :wink:

G

·
Sleepy, yeah, yeah...that's exactly how it happened with me and sc, too!

Grin

Seriously, that is just so cool. I think both you and Gav are very neat, and both clearly are capable of much love.

Cheers,
J

G

·
Sleepy, yeah, yeah...that's exactly how it happened with me and sc, too!

Grin

Seriously, that is just so cool. I think both you and Gav are very neat, and both clearly are capable of much love.

Cheers,
J

·
Registered
935 Posts
Am I understanding right? Did you meet Gav from here?!?!? Anyhow, whoever he is, he sounds like a superb fellow! (imagine my english accent)

I know what you mean about having someone, it can make all the difference. I occasionally get separation anxiety from my guy, cos he is so supportive and the only one who knows about my dp, but he doesn't give in to it and makes me do things without him. He is my guardian angel. He has no idea in the world what anxiety/depression/dp is like and is so laid back he's horizontal (total stoner). But he tries and despite the fact that I can see he doesn't really get it, he believes what Im saying and no matter how many times I say 'are you going to leave me because Im a nut?' he doesn't get angry (well occasionally a little fed up) and will always explain why it is an irrational thought. I used to get so angry with him if he called me crazy or mad, before I told him about dp etc. Now we have a right old laugh about it and although Im not crazy, and he knows it, he teases me and its funny. 6 and a half years, he must be the crazy one, not me...

·
Registered
935 Posts
Am I understanding right? Did you meet Gav from here?!?!? Anyhow, whoever he is, he sounds like a superb fellow! (imagine my english accent)

I know what you mean about having someone, it can make all the difference. I occasionally get separation anxiety from my guy, cos he is so supportive and the only one who knows about my dp, but he doesn't give in to it and makes me do things without him. He is my guardian angel. He has no idea in the world what anxiety/depression/dp is like and is so laid back he's horizontal (total stoner). But he tries and despite the fact that I can see he doesn't really get it, he believes what Im saying and no matter how many times I say 'are you going to leave me because Im a nut?' he doesn't get angry (well occasionally a little fed up) and will always explain why it is an irrational thought. I used to get so angry with him if he called me crazy or mad, before I told him about dp etc. Now we have a right old laugh about it and although Im not crazy, and he knows it, he teases me and its funny. 6 and a half years, he must be the crazy one, not me...

·
Registered
723 Posts
i dont know how my partner puts up with me but he does thank god. but seriously are there any uk people that want to meet up? i've never met another person who has/has had dp

·
Registered
723 Posts
i dont know how my partner puts up with me but he does thank god. but seriously are there any uk people that want to meet up? i've never met another person who has/has had dp

·
Registered
935 Posts
I was talking to jc about this. Kind of nervous to meet up. I think Im wondering if it would make dp worse, and how weird would it be to actually be with people who know exactly how you're feeling. spent so long thinking no one else would understand, it would be almost like they could see right into, you like no one else has ever seen that part of you. i know that sounds weird...
i would consider it. where would we do it? where are you from pdr? im from berkshire as is jc

·
Registered
935 Posts
I was talking to jc about this. Kind of nervous to meet up. I think Im wondering if it would make dp worse, and how weird would it be to actually be with people who know exactly how you're feeling. spent so long thinking no one else would understand, it would be almost like they could see right into, you like no one else has ever seen that part of you. i know that sounds weird...
i would consider it. where would we do it? where are you from pdr? im from berkshire as is jc

1 - 20 of 74 Posts