Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they say that medication doesn't cure dpdr directly but if it's caused my anxiety or depression wouldn't medication help that which then would take away the dpdr? It's worked for me before but right now I can't find a medication that is helping with anything. Paxil worked twice before but I wonder if being on it to many times made it less effective or because I'm pregnant my brain chemistry is different due to hormones.
Only positive stuff please

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't believe in the statement, so in a way that's positive. Many stories i've read have had medication be the answer not just relief. This story always sticks out because of how this person kept going till they found the one, not saying this is the key for everyone or the only thing needed

https://www.reddit.com/r/dpdr/comments/2wj5af
I've also read your Paxil posts and i also have a theory that it depends where you are at what time, I tried the same Mirtazapine at the start and it really didn't help the symptoms I was looking for, once they started to fade and my anxiety etc was at a reasonable level, it had a chance to do what it was suppose to. I'd keep on Paxil you might see a break through again, it might just take longer than the previous times but saying as it has worked twice, odds seem in your favour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts