Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was never told that stopping medication would possibly cause it not to work as well the next time around. I got off paxil ( got me out of dpdr the first time ) after being on it for years to get pregnant. I got dpdr again so I got back on and within weeks was back to normal. When I actually got pregnant I got back off paxil and went on a low dose of zoloft but at week 18 I started getting anxious and obsessing over my breathing to weeks and then dpdr came back. I got back on paxil and had some hope but after 5 weeks NOTHING. No help in anxiety depression or dpdr. The last time I got on it I was feeling better within a week or two. I ended up in the hospital and they took away paxil from me without tapering and put me on Prozac which I have been on for almost 5 weeks now with no improvement. Anyways is there any chance if I tried paxil AGAIN it would some how work this time ? I went back on Wellbutrin a week ago which what I was on the last time I got this and got on paxil. I do believe the med route is the way that saved me and I’m scared the medication that fixed it twice before no longer works and no other Med will do it. I’m 30 weeks pregnant by the way and want to be back to myself by the time I have my son. Iv been dreaming of this my whole life and now I don’t even feel like me or feel connected to anyone or anything :(

·
Registered
978 Posts
my advice is keep going on it. Took me 3 months to hit a point on Mirtazapine, it's not in the normal 6-8 weeks, so i guess not typical but then again, you aren't in that range either!! keep going and hopefully it will kick in :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts